Location & DateCANCELLED
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Diane DuBois, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive
Officer Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector
General County Counsel, General Counsel
RECEIVE Measure R Program update: (HANDOUT)
- Highway Program
- Rail Projects
- Local Return/Metrolink
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute:
- a firm fixed-price Contract No. PS114330-2636 to STV/PB-ConnectLAX Joint Venture for an amount not to exceed $4,770,585 for professional services to complete the Alternatives Analysis (AA), Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Report (DEIS/R), and Conceptual Engineering (CE) for the Metro Green Line to LAX project. This contract includes an option for future final environmental clearance and advanced CE that could be exercised subject to Board approval. Final contract value is subject to the completion of a pre-award audit and corresponding negotiations currently underway; and
- contract modifications up to 20% of the final contract value to cover the cost of any unforeseen issues that may arise during the AA/DEIS/R.
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
- Authorize the Chief Executive Officer to:
- negotiate and execute contract No. PS4710-2647 to AECOM Technical Services, Inc. to provide for professional services to prepare an I-710 South Corridor Project - South End Utility Relocation Study, for an amount not to exceed $6,987,317. Final contract value is subject to the completion of a pre-award audit and corresponding negotiations currently underway. In the event an agreement cannot be reached with the recommended proposer, we will proceed to the next highest evaluated proposer; and
- approve contract modification authority for up to $1,500,000 to cover the cost of any potentially unforeseen issues that may arise during the performance of the work.
- Receive and file the final Unified Cost Management Process and Policy for Measure R Projects.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
- Receive and file report on the implementation of the Interstate 5 Freeway (1-5) North Capacity Enhancement Project from State Route 14 (SR-14) to the Kern County Line.
- Receive and file status update report on the implementation of State Route (SR) 138 Capacity Enhancements Project.
- Receive and file status report for I-710 South Early Action Projects - Soundwall Projects Feasibility and Constructability Study.
- Receive and file report on the High Desert Corridor Project community outreach meetings to present scoping results in April 2011.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION