Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:30 p.m.
Call to Order:
Mel Wilson, Chair
Ara Najarian, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
20. RECEIVE report from the Chief Financial Services Officer [HANDOUT].
21. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to renew group insurance policies covering Non-Contract, AFSCME, and Expo employees for the one-year period beginning January 1, 2012.
A. adopting the Debt Policy;
B. adopting the Interest Rate Swap Policy; and
C. receiving and filing the Annual Report on Interest Rate Swaps.
A. adopting a resolution authorizing the issuance of bonds (the "Refunding Bonds") to refund the Prop A Series 2001-A and 2001-B bonds and Prop A commercial paper and approving related documents on file with the Board Secretary; and
B. appointing Stone & Youngberg as book-running senior manager, De La Rosa & Co. and Siebert Brandford Shank & Co., LLC as co-senior managers, with the firms Backstrom McCarley Berry & Co., LLC, Greencoast Capital Partners, and Prager, Sealy & Co., LLC as co-managers for the negotiated sale of the Prop A Refunding Bonds.
(REQUIRES SEPARATE, SIMPLE MAJORITY BOARD VOTE.)
24. RECEIVE AND FILE the year-end report of Management Audit Services for the period ending June 30, 2011.
25. RECEIVE AND FILE final report outlining preliminary SR-710 North GAP costing information.
26. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION