Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 1:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Chair
Paul Krekorian, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
5. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute a revenue producing lease for the “Kiosk 1” location in Union Station.
6. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute a revenue producing lease for the “Kiosk 2” location in Union Station.
7. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute a revenue producing lease for the former “Fred Harvey” location in Union Station.
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and purchase construction project umbrella liability insurance policies (also known as super excess general liability insurance program) with up to $550 million in additional limits at a cost not to exceed $20.9 million for the period effective October 1, 2014 to January 3, 2023 (and products and completed operations coverage to January 3, 2033); and
B. amending the FY15 budget to establish a separate project for Construction Project Umbrella Liability Insurance Betterments with a Life-of-Project budget of $20.9 million.
9. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a seven-year, firm fixed unit rate contract, Contract No. PS14521103 to Aon Hewitt (Aon Consulting, Inc.) for employee health benefits consulting and actuarial services in an amount not to exceed $2,370,000, inclusive of four one-year options. The effective date of this contract is October 1, 2014.
10. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to renew existing group insurance policies covering Non-Contract, AFSCME and Expo employees for the one-year period beginning January 1, 2015.
11. RECEIVE AND FILE report on Metro’s fare collection and enforcement efforts and recommended actions to improve fare revenue collection. [HANDOUT]
(ALSO ON SYSTEM SAFETY, SECURITY & OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
12. RECEIVE AND FILE response to the July 2014 Board directive as amended directing the Chief Executive Officer to report in September 2014 with recommendations to develop and fund a feasibility study including construction and engineering concepts, ridership and environmental estimates for a San Fernando Valley/San Gabriel Valley High Capacity Transit Corridor.
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
13. WITHDRAWN: RECEIVE report from the Chief Financial Services Officer.
14. RECEIVE report from the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.