Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Richard Katz, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
33. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
34. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
35. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
70. ADOPT the following positions on State Legislation:
A. AB 1444 (Feuer) – Would authorize an extension of Measure R for the purposes of accelerating the transit and highway projects in that Measure. DISCUSSION
B. AB 1446 (Feuer) – Would establish an expedited judicial process for transit projects subject to litigation for environmental purposes. SUPPORT
- Emergency - Calls requiring response with lights and sirens (code 3): ten minutes
- Priority - Calls that require an immediate response, but not a code three response: 20 minutes
- Routine - Calls of a non-priority nature that do not require a priority response from the field unit(s): 30 minutes.
38. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a nine-year firm fixed unit rate contract under RFP No. PS-6240-2786, for medical services including various medical examinations and drug and alcohol collections for employees and job candidates, to the following clinics for a total aggregate not-to-exceed contract value of $5,321,075, inclusive of three twoyear options.
- Downtown - Temple Medical Center and Glendale Memorial Occupational Medical Group;
- Downtown/San Gabriel Valley - USHealthworks Commerce;
- West Los Angeles - USHealthworks Los Angeles;
- South Bay/Long Beach - CareOnSite; and
- San Fernando Valley - USHealthworks Van Nuys.
39. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute a new three year Right of Entry Permit/Hold Harmless Agreement (the "New Agreement") with Los Angeles World Airports ("LAWA"), which New Agreement will allow LAWA to continue to use portions of Patsaouras Transit Plaza, the Union Station Gateway parking garage and the Center/Jackson Terminal to support LAWA's operation of its FlyAway-branded bus service between Union Station and Los Angeles International Airport.
40. APPROVE: ATTACHMENT A
A. the master Project Labor Agreement (PLA) which has been negotiated with the Los Angeles/Orange County Building Trades Councils, as authorized by previous Board action; and
B. the Construction Careers Policy to provide guidance to staff and contractors to implement the PLA in Metro Construction projects.
41. AMEND Metro's Customer Code of Conduct (the "Code") (Chapter 6-05 of the Administrative Code) including enforcement procedures to better reflect policies consistent with encouraging behavior that complies with the law and protects the public but is fair and reasonable. Authorize the agency to enforce orders of exclusion with citations for trespass. The amended Code will become effective February 27, 2012. [ATTACHMENT A]
42. RECEIVE AND FILE Office of the Inspector General Activities Report.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION