Location & Date
Metro Board Conference Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, February 19, 2015 11:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Eric Garcetti, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
37. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
A. receiving and filing status report addressing FTA Triennial Review Findings;
B. approving one Full Time Equivalent (FTE) position in the Civil Rights Programs Compliance Department to ensure oversight of the Americans with Disabilities Act compliance approximately 80 Metro grant sub-recipients; and
C. approving one FTE position in the Regional Grants Management Department to ensure oversight of all other FTA compliance areas including Procurement and Half Fare compliance of approximately 80 Metro grant sub-recipients.
41. RECEIVE AND FILE the status report on efforts underway to use technology and innovation to improve the customer experience on Metro’s Bus and Rail system, and mobility in the region in general. [HANDOUT]
43. RECEIVE AND FILE quarterly report on the demographic profile of those cited for fare violations in response to Motion #55 from the May 2014 Regular Board Meeting.
48. CONSIDER Garcetti, DuBois and Knabe Motion that MTA Bus Division 3 in Cypress Park be dedicated “Leahy Division 3” to honor the contributions of the Leahy Family to the transportation profession and most importantly to improving the past, present and future lives of all those who travel within Los Angeles County.
45. RECEIVE oral status update on the Project Labor Agreement and Construction Careers policy programs.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE) [HANDOUT]
46. RECEIVE oral report on ACCESS Services.
(ALSO ON SYSTEM SAFETY, SECURITY AND OPERATIONS COMMITTEE) [HANDOUT]
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION