Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Eric Garcetti, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
61. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
62. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
63. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update
64. RECEIVE Civil Rights Compliance report.
65. RECEIVE quarterly update on Veterans Hiring Initiative.
66. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer or his designee to negotiate and execute:
A. a five-year License and Billboard Management Agreement with Allvision LLC for the financing, construction, operation, and management of a digital outdoor advertising sign located at 7878 Telegraph Road in Downey, with five additional five-year options to extend at MTA’s election. Such authority includes authority for the CEO to exercise the options; and
B. a five-year Digital Billboard Advertising Service Agreement with the Lamar Advertising Company to sell the media on the Billboard after it has been constructed.
67. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
A. adopt and implement a long-term financial and operational plan for sustainability-related projects to maintain their optimum performance and maximize environmental benefits; and
B. use proceeds from Low Carbon Fuel Standard credits sales along with any cost-savings, utility allowances and incentives, and any interest earned from the investment of these funds that are generated from sustainability-related infrastructure to specifically continue the implementation, operations, and maintenance of Metro's sustainability-related infrastructure.
68. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on implementation of Pilot Business Solution Center to assist small businesses along the Crenshaw Corridor between 48th and 60th Streets during the four year term of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Line Project.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
69. RECEIVE AND FILE status update report on the Project Labor Agreement and Construction Careers policy programs for activity through quarter ending June 30, 2014.
70. WITHDRAWN RECEIVE AND FILE report on the strategic plan development for delivery of paratransit services for persons with disabilities as required by the American Disabilities Act.
71. RECEIVE AND FILE report on Pursuing Opportunities for a Fair and Balanced Fare Structure, which is a response to Motion #55 from the May 2014 Regular Board Meeting (Items A1, A2, C1 and F). [HANDOUT]
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.