Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Diane DuBois, Chair
Eric Garcetti, Vice Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, 2nd Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
51. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
52. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
53. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate salary within the pay range for the following positions:
a. Executive Director, Corporate Safety & Risk Management & Management Audit, pay grade HBB ($156,915 - $196,144 - $235,372).
b. Executive Director, Vendor/Contract Procurement & Supply Chain Management, pay grade HBB ($156,915 - $196,144 - $235,372).
c. Executive Director, Finance and Budget Administration, pay grade HBB ($156,915 - $196,144 - $235,372).
d. Executive Director, Engineering & Construction, pay grade HCC ($209,705.60 - $258,169.60 - $306,675.20).
54. ADOPT a revision to the Metro Acquisition Policy allowing the Chief Executive Officer or his designee(s) to cancel an invitation for bids and reject all bids under specified circumstances.
55. ADOPT the proposed 2014 Federal and State Legislative Program.
56. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute Contract Modification No. 11 to Contract No. OP30101812 with Agreement Dynamics, Inc., to provide interest-based problem solving training and other consulting services in an amount not to exceed $225,000 through October 1, 2014, increasing the total contract value from $1,027,944 to $1,252,944.
57. REVISE the Advertising Content Guidelines contained in the Board-approved Metro System Advertising policy (COM 6) to prohibit advertising content that is adverse to Metro's commercial and administrative interests, and to clarify restrictions regarding vulgarity.
(CARRIED OVER FROM THE OCTOBER COMMITTEE CYCLE)
58. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award two, 36-month, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, firm fixed unit price contracts (Contract Nos. PS30203072A & B), effective January 1, 2014 to Gemalto Inc., and Giesecke & Devrient America, Inc. to supply regional TAP cards for LACMTA and Municipal Operators for an amount not to exceed $16,200,000 inclusive of sales tax and two, one-year options for each contract. Requested funding includes anticipated expansion of the TAP program and the potential addition of up to sixteen municipal operators bringing the total TAP participants to twenty-four.
59. RECEIVE AND FILE status update report on the Project Labor Agreement and Construction Careers Policy programs for activity through quarter ending September 30, 2013.
60. RECEIVE AND FILE report on the agency's reorganization structure.
61. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on progress toward developing a technology-based investment strategy.
62. RECEIVE AND FILE update on the Bike Share Program in response to the October 2013 Board Motion 66.
63. RECEIVE AND FILE Office of the Inspector General Activities Report.
64. RECEIVE AND FILE report on state of the Federal Highway Trust Fund and options to make the fund solvent.
65. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to amend the FY14 budget to add 18 Full Time Employees (FTEs) and $600,000 in order to execute Phase 2 of transitioning the TAP Service Center functions from Xerox State and Local Solutions (formerly Affiliated Computer Services [ACS]) in-house to Metro.
66. RECEIVE oral report on Long-Term Outlook.
(ALSO ON FINANCE, BUDGET AND AUDIT COMMITTEE)
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION