Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Antonio Villaraigosa, Vice Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky Vacant, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General County Counsel, General Counsel
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer. (HANDOUT)
- RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
- ADOPT the proposed 2011 Federal and State Legislative Program.
THE BELOW ITEM IS WITHDRAWN
- APPROVE guiding principles to develop a:
- Construction Careers Program that will provide employment opportunities for Los Angeles County residents on Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Measure R projects; and
- Project Labor Agreement as a basis for exploring partnership among craft unions, contractors and MTA on Measure R Projects.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
- ADOPT K-12 Student Fare Program that includes a $1.00 stored value fare and a $1.00 default fare available only on student K-12 TAP card.
- ADOPT Regional Fare System Plan. (HANDOUT)
- RECEIVE AND FILE report on future fare structure alternatives.(HANDOUT)
THE BELOW ITEM IS WITHDRAWN
- approving commencement of the 45-day public comment period for the draft 20.9% Federal Transit Administration Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Overall Goal and Goal Methodology for Federal Fiscal Years (FFY) 2011 and FFY 2012 in accordance with 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 26; and
- amending FY11 budget to add $200,000 for three-year update to Disparity Study.
- receiving and filing actions being taken to respond to the September Board directive on MTA’s Bicycle Policies and Programs; and
- approving transfer of $92,105 in one-time payment from Hollywood-Vine Hotel Developer to the bicycle parking program for future implementation of the Hollywood-Vine Bike Room Demonstration Project.
- RECEIVE AND FILE the first quarter report of Management Audit Services (Management Audit) for the period ending September 30, 2010.
- RECEIVE AND FILE Office of the Inspector General quarterly activities report.
- RECEIVE AND FILE report on the Metro Research Program. (HANDOUT)
(ALSO ON OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
- RECEIVE AND FILE Web Communications & Technology Update.
(ALSO ON OPERATIONS COMMITTEE) (HANDOUT)
- RECEIVE AND FILE status report on Transit Access Pass (TAP) Program and fare gate installation at Metro Rail stations. (HANDOUT)
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION