Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Antonio Villaraigosa, Vice Chair
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
- RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
- APPROVE Memorandum of Cooperation with the Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport.
- pay grade BB ($142,641 - $213,962) for the new Executive Director, Government and Community Relations position and authorize the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate a salary within the pay range; and
- the upgrade of Executive Director, Highway Project Delivery, from pay grade BB ($142,641 - $213,962) to pay grade CC ($190,621 - $278,793) and a salary of $240,000 for the position.
- authorizing staff to issue a federally funded solicitation for a “Best Value” light rail vehicle (LRV) procurement. The new LRVs are required to meet the vehicle requirements for current service and systemwide expansion.
- approving an increase in the life-of-project budget for CP# 206035 – Expo/Blue Line LRV Procurement by $160.91 million, increasing the LOP from $174.5 million to $335.41 million;
- approving the attached funding plan totaling $335.41 million for the first 78 LRVs.
- Amend the Fiscal Year 2011 budget to add one full-time equivalent (FTE) to Transit Operations to provide dedicated project management support and one FTE to Administrative Services- Procurement to provide dedicated contract administration support.
(ALSO ON OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
- Receive and File Measure R Ordinance Audit Requirements.
(ALSO ON MEASURE R PROJECT DELIVERY COMMITTEE)
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION