Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Richard Katz, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
30. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
31. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
32. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
33. APPROVE changes to the Board report procurement template to include additional information regarding contract awards.
34. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate a salary within the pay range for the Chief Information Officer (CIO) position, pay grade AA ($134,378 - $167,972 - $201,567).
35. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate a salary within the pay range for the Deputy Chief Operations Officer (DCOO) position, pay grade CC ($190,621 -$234,708- $278,793).
36. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute federal, state, and local science and technology grants that have been applied for (and have matching contributions by third parties) on behalf of Metro to accelerate innovative technology development and implementation related to energy, water, sustainability and climate change management efforts.
37. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute Contract Modification No. 8 to Contract No. OP30101812 with Agreement Dynamics Inc. to provide interest-based problem solving training consulting services for the amount not to exceed $100,000 through June 30, 2012, increasing the total contract value from $778,080 to $878,080.
38. APPROVE the official name changes for the following rail stations and facilities:
A. "Imperial/Wilmington/Rosa Parks" to "Willowbrook/Rosa Parks;"
B. "103rd Street/Kenneth Hahn" to "103rd St/Watts Towers/Kenneth Hahn;"
C. "Vermont Av/I-105" to "Vermont Av/Athens;"
D. "Hawthorne Bl/I-105" to "Hawthorne Bl/Lennox;"
E. "Venice/Robertson" to "Culver City;"and
F. "Artesia Transit Center" to "Harbor Gateway Transit Center."
(REQUIRES 2/3 VOTE OF THE BOARD)
(FORWARDED FROM SEPTEMBER BOARD MEETING)
39. RECEIVE AND FILE Office of the Inspector General (OIG) Annual Activities Report.
61. RECEIVE oral update on Transit Access Pass "TAP" Program.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION