Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Diane DuBois, Chair
Eric Garcetti, Vice Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, 2nd Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
43. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
44. RECEIVE oral TAP Working Group update.
45. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
RECEIVE oral Project Labor Agreement/Construction Career Policy update.
RECEIVE quarterly update on Veterans Hiring Initiative.
48. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
A. execute a Development Agreement with the City of Downey for the installation of outdoor advertising signs on MTA property; and
B. amend the existing revenue contract with Allvision LLC to:
1. clarify the terms of the revenue sharing arrangements between the parties; and
2. identify an alternative development strategy option at MTA's option that was not specifically included in the original contract.
55. CONSIDER DUBOIS MOTION that County Counsel return to this Committee, in October, with revised Public Input rules that maximize Public Input and provide this Board flexibility in conducting meetings.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION