Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:30 a.m.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
- RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
- APPROVE revisions to MTA’s Rules and Procedures regarding conduct and decorum during public participation at Board and Committee meetings.
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to approve the Portal-to-Portal implementation agreement between the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Union (AFSCME) and the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- receiving and filing the revised organizational structure;
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to upgrade the position of Executive Director, Highway Programs from pay grade BB ($142,641 - $213,962) to pay grade CC ($190,621 - $278,793) and approving a salary of $240,000 for the position;
- authorizing the CEO to hire and negotiate a salary within the pay range for the new position of Executive Director, Project Management Oversight, pay grade BB ($142,641 - $213,962);
- authorizing 20 additional positions necessary to meet our Measure R/30-10 and Accelerated Highway Program commitments; and
- amending the FY11 budget accordingly.
- WITHDRAWN Knabe – O’Connor Motion that this Board instruct the CEO to return to the Board in the November-December cycle with his recommendations pertaining to:
- Clarifying the respective functions and purview of the Planning and Programming and Construction Committees vis a vis their integrated roles with the ad hoc Measure R Project Delivery Committee; e.g. What should be the screening criterion for sending inter-related issues to committees?
- Suggested language for the codification of a “one committee” Board policy pertaining to the issues described above.
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)WITHDRAWN
- RECEIVE AND FILE the interim status report on the follow-up audit on non-competitive procurements and single bids/proposals.
- RECEIVE AND FILE the year-end report of Management Audit Services (Management Audit) for the period ending June 30, 2010.
- RECEIVE AND FILE Office of Inspector General Report on status of audit on MTA litigation cost management practices.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION