Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order:
Richard Katz, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
27. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
28. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
29. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
30. APPROVE, as an additional component to our America Fast Forward initiative, a change in Federal law or regulation to permit transportation agencies that commit to paying over half of a given project budget with local funds to require contractors to establish local hiring programs and purchase local goods in proportion to the local share of the project total cost.
B. authorizing staff to negotiate a master PLA with the Los Angeles/Orange County Building Trade Councils.
C. amending the FY12 budget to add 3 FTE's to cost center 2130 to perform CCP/PLA implementation, monitoring, and reporting for the Crenshaw Light Rail Project.
32. CONSIDER the name changes for the following rail stations and facilities:
A. "Imperial/Wilmington/Rosa Parks" to "Willowbrook/Rosa Parks;"
B. "103rd Street/Kenneth Hahn" to "103rd St/Watts Towers/Kenneth Hahn;"
C. "Vermont Av/I-105" to "Vermont Av/Athens;"
D. "Hawthorne Bl/I-105" to "Hawthorne Bl/Lennox;"
E. "Venice/Robertson" to "Culver City;"
F. "Artesia Transit Center" to "Harbor/Gateway Transit Center;"
G. "Transit Mall" to "Long Beach Civic Center." (REQUIRES 2/3 VOTE)
33. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to amend the FY12 budget to:
A. amend the FY12 budget to add $107,000 of expenses to Regional Communications Cost Center 7160 for the purpose of coordination of the countywide student field trip program and
B. amend the FY12 budget to convert one (1) As-Needed employee to one (1) FTE to coordinate the student field trip program [ATTACHMENTS].
34. RECEIVE AND FILE report on I-TAP program updates and changes.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION