Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Richard Katz, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General County Counsel, General Counsel
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
- RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
- ADOPT the following positions on State Legislation:
- SB 910 (Lowenthal) – Requires the driver of a vehicle, when passing a bicyclist, to allow three feet of space between the vehicle and the bicyclist. WORK WITH AUTHOR
- AB 1164 (Gordon) – Allocation of unused federal funds for State bond funded projects. SUPPORT
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
- execute a cost sharing agreement with The Hollywood Historic Trust to facilitate ongoing maintenance, repairs and replacement to the Hollywood Walk of Fame; and
- amend the FY12 budget to add $1.5 million of expenses to Cost Center 2210 (New Business Development), funded by Right of Way Lease Revenues.
- approving revisions to the Use of MTA Property for Commercial Activities Policy (Policy) as set forth; and
- delegating authority to approve future revisions to the Policy to the Chief Executive Officer.
- APPROVE revisions to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Work Environment policy.
- ADOPT the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LACMTA) Green Construction Policy for implementation on construction projects conducted on LACMTA properties and rights-of-way. The LACMTA will encourage other jurisdictions that receive/program LACMTA funding (in whole or in part) for construction projects to adopt a Green
Construction policy similar to that which applies to the LACMTA.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION