Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Monday, July 12, 2010 10:00 a.m.
1. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
2. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
3. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
- adopting a resolution that describes the proposed amendment to the Funds Available Beginning dates of the projects listed in the Transit Capital Subfund shown in the Expenditure Plan of Ordinance #08-01, Measure R, as detailed in Exhibit 1 in the Resolution;
- directing the Chief Executive Officer to notify the Members of the California State Legislature representing the County of Los Angeles as required by Assembly Bill 2321 and provide such other notifications and a public meeting as required by the Ordinance.
5. ADOPT the following position on State Legislation:
- TO BE DETERMINED (TO BE DETERMINED) – Which would modify the legislative notice requirements regarding changes to the Measure R Expenditure Plan. SUPPORT
6. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute Modification No. 2 to Contract No. PS2610LASD with the County of Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department to provide law enforcement services for the period covering July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011 in an amount not to exceed $62,937,004 for Fiscal Year 2011, increasing the total contract value from $69,760,613 to $132,697,617.
7. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to approve interim appointments.
8. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
- establish and implement a transit court consistent with the provisions of Section 640 (c) of the California Penal Code and Chapter 8, Sections 99580 through 99582, Part 11, of Division 10 of the California Public Utilities Code;
- amend FY 2011 budget in the amount of $664,518 for mobilization and hiring of additional staff; and
- adopt new LACMTA Customer Code of Conduct as an amendment to the Administrative Code.
(ALSO ON OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
9. RECEIVE AND FILE report regarding Metro station naming.
10. RECEIVE AND FILE Office of the Inspector General quarterly activities report.
11. CLOSED SESSION:
- Conference with Legal Counsel - Pending Litigation- G.C. 54956.9(a):
- Tutor-Saliba-Perini v. LACMTA Los Angeles County Superior Court Case No. BC 123559
- LACMTA v. Parsons-Dillingham, et al., Case No. 150298 consolidated with Case No. BC 179027
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION