Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Diane DuBois, Chair
Eric Garcetti, Vice Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, 2nd Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
48. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
49. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
50. RECEIVE oral TAP Working Group update.
51. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
A. AB 612 (Nazarian) – Would require that for every intersection with a photo enforcement system, an additional one second be added to every yellow light interval. OPPOSE
B. SB 556 (Corbett) – Would require that all government agencies that contract for services, include on the contracted personnel and equipment notifications that the personnel and equipment is not operated by a government employee. Would further specify that the notice shall be in the same font size and logo of the government agency. OPPOSE UNLESS AMENDED
53. RECEIVE oral Project Labor Agreement/Construction Career Policy update.
54. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to amend the FY14 budget to add 38 Full Time Employees and $1,000,000 for the transitioning of the TAP Call Center and Reduced Fare Application Processing services from Xerox Services (formally Affiliated Computer Services [ACS]) to in-house at Metro as a result of the legally binding arbitration decision. [HANDOUT]
55. RECEIVE AND FILE report on a request to rename the Transit Mall station on the Metro Blue Line.
56. RECEIVE AND FILE Office of the Inspector General report on Metro's TAP Program.
57. RECEIVE quarterly update on Veterans Hiring Initiative.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda. COMMENTS
FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION