Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Diane DuBois, Chair
Eric Garcetti, Vice Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, 2nd Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Acting Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
54. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
55. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
56. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
57. RECEIVE Civil Rights Compliance report.
58. RECEIVE quarterly update on Veterans Hiring Initiative.
59. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and approve Modification Number 24 to Contract PS33201664 with Xeroxto provide TAP transition services in an amount not to exceed $2.35 million consistent with the recent arbitration determination. [HANDOUT]
60. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute Contract Modifications for Contract No. OP02461010 with Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc.for an amount not to exceed $8.2 million, increasing total contract authority from $244,121,566 to $252,321,566. This action does not increase the life-of-project budgets of the projects involved.
a. adopting “Grand/Los Angeles Trade-Technical College Station” as the official name for Metro Rail’s current Grand Station;
b. adopting “23rd Street/Los Angeles Trade-Technical College/Orthopaedic Institute for Children Station” as the official name for Metro Rail’s current 23rd Street Station;
c. adopting “Expo/La Brea/Ethel Bradley Station” as the official name for Metro Rail’s current Expo/La Brea Station; and
d. approving the staff plan to implement the above changes at minimal cost without using operating funds.
62. RECEIVE AND FILE notification of the Lost and Found temporary bike storage area on the P-1 parking level at Gateway.
63. RECEIVE AND FILE status on the Project Labor Agreement /Construction Careers Policy on the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor project for activity through April 19, 2014.
(ALSO ON FINANCE, BUDGET AND AUDIT COMMITTEE)
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION