Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Antonio Villaraigosa, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive
Officer Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector
General County Counsel, General Counsel
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer (HANDOUT)
- RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
- ADOPT the following positions on State Legislation:
- SB 867 (Padilla) – Which would establish the Build California Bonds Program. SUPPORT
- AB 1229 (Feuer) – Which would authorize the authority to direct the Treasurer to utilize unrestricted moneys held by the California Transportation Finance Authority to subsidize the payment of interest by those local or regional agencies on revenue bonds issued by those agencies pursuant to these provisions. SUPPORT
- AB 426 (Lowenthal) – Which authorizes a Metro Transit Court administrative process and requires the penalties collected from offenses on the Metro transit system to be deposited in the general fund of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan TransportationAuthority. SUPPORT
- AB 650 (Blumenfield) – Would establish the Blue Ribbon Task Force on Public Transportation for the 21st Century. SUPPORT
- Approve amendments to the "Funds Available Beginning" dates of the projects listed in the Transit Capital Subfund of Measure R as shown on Attachment A of the Board report.
(REQUIRES 2/3 VOTE OF THE BOARD)
- Authorize the Chief Executive Officer to exercise Option No. 1 to MOU PS2610LASD with the County of Los Angeles Sheriffs Department to provide law enforcement services for the period covering July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013. Subject to obtaining the agreement of the County of Los Angeles Sheriffs Department to exercise the option, Authorize the Chief Executive Officer to execute, on a single source basis, Option 1 to MOU PS2610LASD. Staff will return to the Board for funding authorization to exercise FY13 Transit Community Policing Services, Option 1. (ALSO ON OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
- Receive and file report regarding Metro property naming.
- Receive and file report on staff efforts to develop a Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Clean/Green Construction Policy.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE AND AD HOC SUSTAINABILITY COMMITTEE)
- Receive and file:
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority's basic financial statements and component financial statement audits completed by KPMG LLP for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2010; and
- KPMG's Management Letter presenting internal control and other operational matters noted for consideration.
- RECEIVE AND FILE Office of the Inspector General quarterly activities report.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION