Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order:
Richard Katz, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
30. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
31. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer. [HANDOUT]
32. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update. [HANDOUT]
A. AB 1532 (Perez) – Would establish a Greenhouse Gas Reduction Account to fund measures and programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. SUPPORT
B. AB1600 (Torres) – Would allow the Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority to plan, design and construct the Foothill Extension into San Bernadino County. SUPPORT
C. AB 1706 (Eng) – Would amend current law to clarify vehicle weight limits. SUPPORT WORK WITH AUTHOR
D. AB 2147 (Cedillo) – Would clarify the statutes related to Metro's red-light photo enforcement program. SUPPORT
E. AB 2245 (Smyth) – Would exempt certain bike-lane projects from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) process. SUPPORT
F. AB 2405 (Blumenfield) – Would authorize alternative-fuel vehicles to use the Express Lanes without being subject to a toll. OPPOSE
G. AB 2440 (Lowenthal) – Would amend current law affecting Metro's procurement process. SUPPORT
H. AB 2477 (GARRICK) – Would clarify state law specific to placement of video event recording equipment in vehicles. SUPPORT WORK WITH AUTHOR
I. SB 1225 (PADILLA) – Would provide a local control mechanism of Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner Corridor. SUPPORT
33. ADOPT a revised delegation of authority to the Chief Executive Officer for contract modifications on a sliding scale up to $5M per modification.
37. RECEIVE AND FILE the Office of the Inspector General report on review of the Metro Gold Line Foothill Construction Authority, the Exposition Metro Line Construction Authority, and the Alameda Corridor-East Construction Authority.
51. RECEIVE AND FILE report on Regional TAP Working Group.
(ALSO ON SYSTEM SAFETY AND OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION