Location & DateCANCELLED
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:00 a.m.
Call to order:
Antonio Villaraigosa, Chair
Michael Antonovich, 1st Vice Chair
Diane Dubois, 2nd Vice Chair
Ara J. Najarian
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Chief Executive Officer – Arthur T. Leahy
Board Secretary - Michele Jackson
Ethics Officer - Karen Gorman
Acting Inspector General – Karen Gorman
General Counsel - County Counsel
- APPROVE the actions necessary to activate the Crenshaw Project Corporation as follows:
- Election of temporary officers;
- Adopt Bylaws; and
- Authorize the Chair and designees to execute and file with the California Secretary State the Annual Statement Required by the California Corporations Code
- ADOPT a resolution authorizing:
- The Chief Executive Officer and other Authorized Officers to negotiate and execute the agreements between the Crenshaw Project Corporation ("CPC") and the U.S. Department of Transportation ("USDOT"), and with MTA, related to the CPC entering into the $546 million Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act loan for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor Project; and
- Execution of a Memorandum of Understanding with the USDOT for a TIGER II Discretionary Grant that will fund the $20 million credit charge on the loan.
- RECEIVE public comment.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Board subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN BOARD’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION