Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Mel Wilson, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
28. RECEIVE Transit Project Delivery Executive Director's Report.
29. RECEIVE report from Caltrans District Director on Delivery of Projects on I-5.
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to negotiate and execute a contract agreement with EV Connect, Inc. to utilize California Energy Commission (CEC) Grant PON-09-006 that funds the installation of Plug-in Electric Vehicles (PEV) charging stations at four Metro Park and Ride Stations; and upgrades the existing PEV charging stations at our Gateway Headquarters in Union Station; and
B. amending the FY12 budget to add $54,880 to Project Number 210130, Public Plug-in Vehicle Charging Station.
31. APPROVE an increase in Contract Modification Authority (CMA) to Contract No. C0902 with Gonzales Construction, for the Metro Red Line Division 20 car cleaning platform and new car wash project to provide funding for pending and potential future changes in the amount of $790,000, increasing the current CMA from $881,674 to $1,671,674.
32. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer or his designee to execute an Agreement with BNSF Railway Company to cease rail operations and abandon its interest in the Crenshaw Segment portion of the Harbor Branch right-or-way. Also, authorize the Chief Executive Officer to execute such other agreements, forms and other documents needed to implement such BNSF abandonment.
A. finding that awarding design-build contracts pursuant to Public Utilities Code Section 130242 (b) will achieve private sector efficiencies in the integration of the design, project work, and components related to the construction of a storage building at Metro Green Line Maintenance Facility in Los Angeles County; and
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to solicit and award designbuild contract for the storage building construction at Metro Green Line Maintenance Facility, pursuant to Public Utilities Code Section 130242 (a), (c), (d), and (e). (REQUIRES TWO-THIRDS VOTE)
34. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute Contract Modification No. 27 to Contract No. C0882, with Kiewit Infrastructure West Company, for a Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) Betterment at the Mulholland Bridge, at a value not-to-exceed $1,733,163, increasing the Total Contract Value from $744,294,248 to $746,027,411. This change is contingent upon reimbursement of the cost by LADWP, resulting in a net zero cost to the project budget.
35. CONSIDER KNABE MOTION that the MTA Board of Directors direct the CEO to:
A. Include the Westchester (Manchester/Aviation) Station (at-grade near Hindry) as a bid option during the construction procurement, i.e. bidders will propose prices for the following additional Option (in addition to the three Options identified as 1A, 1B, and 1C that were adopted by the MTA Board for Item 1, May 26, 2011):
1. Baseline project plus Leimert Park/Vernon underground station and Westchester (Manchester/Aviation) Station (at-grade near Hindry)
B. Recommend for MTA Board approval a design/build contract for Options 2A, 2B that were adopted by the MTA Board for Item 1, May 26, 2011, and include the following additional Option for consideration:
1. Option 1A (as described in this motion) if a responsible and responsive bid is received that is less than or equal to the adopted life of project budget.
C. authorize a contract modification in the amount of $250,000 to complete the additional design and engineering work needed for the Project, to prepare the Westchester Station Option for the construction procurement, that is within the adopted life of project budget.
36. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION