Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Mel Wilson, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General County Counsel, General Counsel
- Receive Transit Project Delivery Executive Director's Report. (Handout)
- RECEIVE report from the Executive Director Program Management on the Project Contingency Policy.
- RECEIVE report from Caltrans District Director.
- finding that use of the design-build process pursuant to Public Utilities Code Section 130242(a) will achieve certain private sector efficiencies in the integration of the design, project work and components of the Regional Connector Transit Corridor Project; and
- finding that the use of the design-build process pursuant to Public Contract Code 20209.5 et seq. will accomplish a reduction in project costs, or will expedite project completion, or will provide design features not achievable through the design-bid-build method.
The action(s) pursuant to the findings is contingent upon Board certification of the Regional Connector Transit Corridor Final Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report (Regional Connector Transit Corridor Project).
(REQUIRES 2/3 VOTE OF THE BOARD)
- ADOPT the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LACMTA) Green Construction Policy for implementation on construction projects conducted on LACMTA properties and rights-of-way. The LACMTA will encourage other jurisdictions that receive/program LACMTA funding (in whole or in part) for construction projects to adopt a Green
Construction policy similar to that which applies to the LACMTA.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION