Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, September 16, 2010 12:00 p.m.
- RECEIVE Chief Capital Management Officer Report.
- APPROVE AS AMENDED a unified process and policy for the management and minimization of project costs of the Measure R transit projects including a requirement for the prompt development and consideration of lower-cost project alternatives that address the cost-control policy actions of the MTA Board of Directors to date.
Molina Amendment that the Board direct the CEO to meet with County and City staff to review how the Project Advisory Committees (PACs) functioned for both entities, and report back within 60 days with a plan to implement PACs for all 12 Measure R transit projects.
The set of Policy measures before the Board as they apply to a 30/10 Initiative, contains the prescription in (Attachment A) Section 2: “MTA shall complete projects accelerated through 30/10 Initiative in the same sequence as the adopted 2009 Long Range transportation Plan (LRTP) (from 30/10 Initiative Position statement).” Move that the Board adopt the Amended Policy within the parameters described in the two following paragraphs:
Section 2 of this policy should be deleted predicated on the conditions that (a) the entire 30/10 Initiative (rather than piecemeal) is brought to fruition, and (b) the Measure R Funding Availability Amendment is approved by the legislature.
Based on the conditions described above, Section 2 should then be amended to provide that 30/10 Measure R Projects should be accelerated on a ready-to-go basis.
(CARRIED OVER FROM JUNE BOARD MEETING)
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to perform Preliminary Engineering for Universal City Station Pedestrian Bridge and prepare Performance Specifications for a Design Build project delivery method, and AMEND the Universal City Station Pedestrian Bridge FY11 Budget to add $750,000 to fund the cost of this activity, and increase the life of project budget from $4,139,000 to $4,889,000.
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to approve the FY11 Annual Work Plan for City of Los Angeles.
(COMMITTEE AUTHORITY, 4/5 VOTE)
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to amend FY11 Budget to add one Full Time Equivalent position to the Safety Education and Outreach Program to support the Exposition Light Rail Transit Project – Phase 1.
- AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to amend the FY11 budget to increase expenses by $1.0 million for the Lankershim Depot Transit Center Rehabilitation project (CP# 800118), to undertake hazardous remediation and initial structure stabilization to maintain safety in and around the Depot structure.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to award a firm, fixed-price Contract No. PS4340-2538 to Cityworks Design to perform design and outreach work for the Eastside Access Project for an amount not to exceed $1,094,404; and
- approving Contract Modification Authority for up to 15 percent of the above amount to cover the cost of any potentially unforeseen issues that may arise during the above phase of the project.
(FORWARDED FROM JULY REGULAR BOARD MEETING)
(ALSO ON MEASURE R PROJECT DELIVERY COMMITTEE)
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to exercise a 21-month cost plus fixed fee option to Contract No. E0117 for Phase II Preliminary Engineering, Design/Build Construction Contract Development and Bid Period Services to Hatch Mott McDonald for an amount not to exceed $21 million;
- establishing Contract Modification Authority for 10% of the
not-to-exceed value of the Phase II Option, and authorizing the CEO to execute individual contract modifications within and up to the Board approved Contract Modification Authority;
- amending the FY11 budget to add $12.0 million of Measure R funds to Project 860002 Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor for Recommendation A scope and necessary pre-construction activities to cover expenditures during the fiscal year; and
- establishing a preliminary life-of-project budget of $21,000,000. The final life-of-project budget will be developed during the Preliminary Engineering phase of the project.
(ALSO ON MEASURE R PROJECT DELIVERY COMMITTEE)
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION