Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:30 a.m.
Call to Order:
Don Knabe, Chair
Mel Wilson, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
35. RECEIVE Transit Project Delivery Executive Director's Report.
62. RECEIVE oral report on project budget and schedule status.
36. RECEIVE report from Caltrans District Director.
37. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute Contract Modification No. 17 to Contract No. C0882, with Kiewit Infrastructure West Company, for added Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan measures, in the not-to-exceed amount of $7,000,000, increasing the Total Contract Value from $729,356,248 to $736,356,248.
38. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute a lease amendment to extend the term of the existing sublease with Marsh USA, Inc. from a year to year term to a fixed term (Term) which will expire April 30, 2018 for the rental of approximately 41,628 square feet of office space in an office building located at 777 Figueroa Street, Los Angeles at an estimated rental cost of $6,288,384 over the term of the lease.
- adopting the recommendations to pursue additional grade-crossing improvements along the Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension (MGLEE) including:
- Trial demonstrations of In-Roadway Warning Lights at up to 10 intersections;
- Traffic signal timing refinements at selected intersections to further discourage illegal left turns or to separate pedestrian signal phases from vehicle turn signal phases at selected locations to eliminate pedestrian uncertainty;
- Enhanced signage at strategic locations to further discourage illegal left turns; and
- receiving and filing the traffic impact findings from installing quadrant gates at intersections along the MGLEE.
40. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a fixed unit rate bench contract, PS116510023, to California Property Specialist, Inc., Del Richardson & Associates, Inc., Epic Land Solutions, Inc., Overland Pacific & Cutler, Inc.; Paragon Partners, Ltd. for acquisition and relocation services in an amount not to exceed a cumulative total of $1,000,000 effective October 1, 2011, subject to the resolution of protests, if any. This is a ten-year contract with a five-year base and five, one-year options.
41. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to approve the FY12 Annual Work Plan for City of Los Angeles.
- approving the principles for inclusion in a Construction Careers Program/Project Labor Agreement (PLA).
- authorizing staff to negotiate a master PLA with the Los Angeles/Orange County Building Trade Councils.
- amending the FY12 budget to add 3 FTE's to cost center 2130 to perform CCP/PLA implementation, monitoring, and reporting for the Crenshaw Light Rail Project.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
42. RECEIVE AND FILE report on Construction Authority project budgets and contingencies.
43. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION