Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:15 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
25. RECEIVE report by the Caltrans District Director on Delivery of Projects on I-5.
26. APPROVE an increase in the Contract Modification Authority (CMA) for Contract C0990 with Metro Builders and Engineers Group LTD., in the amount of $607,000, increasing the current CMA from $782,750 to $1,389,750 for Advanced Utility Relocation for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project. This action does not increase the Life of Project Budget.
27. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to approve Contract Change Order:
A. No. 73 by Caltrans for Segment 1A of the I-5 North Capacity Enhancements from SR-134 to SR-170 under Funding Agreement No. MOU.P0008355/8501 A.A4 in the amount of $549,792 which will result in an overall savings to the contract of $1.2 million; and
B. No. 81.5 by Caltrans for Segment 2 of the I-5 North Capacity Enhancements from SR-134 to SR-170 under Funding Agreement No. MOU.P0008355/8501 A/A4 in the amount of $686,585.47 without an increase in the project budget to continue soundwall construction work.
28. RECEIVE AND FILE monthly status report on the Airport Metro Connector and the ongoing coordination between Metro and the Los Angeles World Airports.
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
31. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTIO