Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:30 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Vacant, Vice Chair
Vacant, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General County Counsel, General Counsel
- RECEIVE Chief Capital Management Officer Report.
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate full payment from the City of Los Angeles for additional scope of work to incorporate overlapping portions of the Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project;
- authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute a Master Cooperative Agreement with the City of Los Angeles for added scope of work to incorporate overlapping portions of the Reversible Lane and Intersection Improvements Project (STPL-5006(368)) into the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project; and
- approving increase to the life of project budget and total contract value by $6 million, to be funded by the City of L.A., from $1,034 billion to $1,040 billion for Project 405523, I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvement Project.
- AUTHORIZE staff to:
- begin recruitment for 32 additional positions within the Transit Project Delivery Division to support delivery of the Measure R Transit Program and other critical construction projects ; and
- fill up to 10 of these positions during FY11, with the balance to be considered as part of the FY12 Budget approval process.
(ALSO ON FINANCE AND BUDGET COMMITTEE)
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION