Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:15 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
38. RECEIVE report by the Caltrans District Director on Delivery of Projects on I-5.
A. establishing Life of Project Budget for Metro Blue Line Station Refurbishments in the amount of $33,430,000;
B. transferring $966,000 of costs incurred under Project 204121 Rail Station Refurbishments to the project; and
C. decreasing the Life-of-Project Budget for Capital Project 204121 by $17,000,000 from $21,500,000 to $4,500,000.
40. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute a Contract Modification to Contract No. C0882, with Kiewit West Company, adding Contract Modification authority to fund a Contract ramp closure incentive for a temporary/work shift ramp closure at the Southbound (SB) I-405 from Westbound Sunset Boulevard on-ramp. This Contract Modification in the amount of $1,971,000, increases the total contract value from $890,747,238 to $892,718,238. Requested funds are within the original Life-of-Project budget approved by the Board.
41. AWARD a Firm-Fixed-Price Contract under Bid No. C0992A to LB Foster Company, lowest responsive and responsible bidder for the procurement of 1,928 tons of Standard Rail, 1,617 tons of High-Strength Rail and 7 Bumping Posts to support the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project for a firm-fixed-price of $5,184,044.
A. Staff to exercise two one-year options for Contract No. PS100800-2642 with J.L. Patterson & Associates, Inc. to provide Construction Management Consultant Support Services, extending the period of performance from June 6, 2014 through June 6,2016;
B. an increase to the total contract value for Contract No. PS100800-2642 with J.L. Patterson & Associates, Inc. to provide Construction Management Consultant Support Services for the remainder of FY14 and FY15 in an amount not to exceed $3,925,000 increasing the total contract value from $2,500,000 to $6,425,000; and
C. the Chief Executive Officer to execute individual Task Orders and Modifications within the Board approved contract value.
43. APPROVE an increase in Contract Modification Authority (CMA) to Contract No. C0984R with DRP National, Inc., for the Lankershim Depot Rehabilitation Project Phase 2, to provide funding for differing site conditions, extra work, plan modifications and future potential Contract Modifications identified in the amount of $369,720, increasing the current CMA from $132,000 to $501,720. No additional funds are required for the Life-of-Project (LOP) budget to complete the project.
44. APPROVE an increase to the Life-of-Project budget for the Patsaouras Plaza Busway Station Project (CP 202317) by $14,181,000 from $16,803,000 to $30,984,000.
45. RECEIVE AND FILE monthly status report on the Airport Metro Connector (AMC) and the ongoing coordination between Metro and Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA). This report also provides an update on the revised set of alternatives recommended for advancement to the environmental review process.[HANDOUT]
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
69. RECEIVE AND FILE report on the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project.
48. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION