Location & Date
Virtual Meeting, ,
Wednesday, March 24, 2021 6:00 p.m.
Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Community Advisory Council* General Assembly Virtual Online Meeting
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
Call-in Numbers: 1-669-900-9128 -OR- 1-888-788-0099 (Toll-free)
Meeting ID: 926 2570 0314
*Online Chat Feature During Meeting
Or, submit your comments via online comment form by 5 p.m. the day prior at: https://metrola.wufoo.com/forms/q13333191xyprxi/
Or, send via Office Mail and ensure arrival to Metro by 5 p.m. the day prior to:
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Please include the Agenda number and meeting date in your correspondence. Please submit your written public comments or documentation as soon as possible but no later than 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting.
Hank Fung, Chair
Tammy Ashton, Vice Chair
Brian Bowens, Secretary
Dalila Sotelo, Chair Emeritus
- Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Introductions (5 min)
- Approve Gen. Assembly Jan. 27th & Feb. 24th Mtg. Minutes (Attachment A & B) (5 min) (Action)
- Metro Fareless System Initiative (FSI) Updates - (Attachment C) (30 min)
- Metro Homeless Task Force Initiative- Overview & Updates (Attachment D) (50 min.)
- Status updates on CAC Members’ expressed interest to apply & serve as CAC “Primary” and CAC “Alternate” on Metro’s Sustainability Council. (Potential Action) (5 min.)
a. Sustainability Advisory Council Overview
b. Online Application process for formal selection
c. Metro Sustainability Council Members
d. Sustainability Council Meeting Schedule
- Metro CAC Chair’s Report (Attachment E) (10 min.)
- CAC Requested Follow-up Items (5 min.):
a. Reminder from Chair to CAC Members to pursue re-appointment by active voting Metro Board Director, if current CAC appointer has left Metro Board. Chair reminded all Members that he is available to help CAC Members who wish to seek re-appointment.
b. Metro Fareless System Initiative (FSI) Telephone Town Hall Event-March 31st at 6:30pm- register to participate by clicking here.
c. Chair’s Updates regarding Metro PSAC (see Chair’s Report)
d. Reminder to submit picture & 3-bullet bio if you’d like that info. to be added to Metro CAC website.
- Chair’s Updates on Metro PSAC- Draft discussion points for Council consideration re: compensation for Public Safety Advisory Committee Community Members (potential action) (Attachment F) (10 min.)
- Open Discussion for CAC Members
- Public Comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 min. per speaker)
- Consider items not on posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER COMMENT. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER COMMENT. CAC Members R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249. MTA Board Meetings/Agendas | Click here to return to MTA.net home