Location & Date
Virtual Meeting, ,
Wednesday, October 28, 2020 6:00 p.m.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
Meeting ID: 981 3210 0684
One tap mobile: 1-669-900-9128, 98132100684#
Dial by your location: +1 669 900 9128; 833-548-0276
Meeting ID: 981 3210 0684
*Online Chat Feature During Meeting
Or, submit your comments via online comment form by 5 p.m. the day prior at: https://metrola.wufoo.com/forms/q13333191xyprxi/
Or, send via Office Mail and ensure arrival to Metro by 5 p.m. the day prior:
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Please include the Agenda number and meeting date in your correspondence. Please submit your written public comments or documentation as soon as possible but no later than 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting.
Hank Fung, Chair
Brian Bowens, Vice Chair
Tammy Ashton, Secretary
Dalila Sotelo, Chair Emeritus
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Introductions (5 min)
2. Approve General Assembly Meeting Minutes (5 min)
a. Approve August General Assembly Mtg. Minutes (Attachment A) (Action)
b. Approve September General Assembly Mtg. Minutes (Attachment B) (Action)
3. Fareless Study Initiative- Overview & Updates (Attachment C) (30 min)
4. Staff Announcement re: upcoming Countywide Coordinated Plan (CCP or Plan) and Surveying efforts. (CCP documents services for older adults and people with disabilities) (5 min.)
5. Review CAC Vice Chair’s Questions regarding Metro Traffic Reduction Study (Attachment D) (30 min.)
6. CAC Discussion Regarding Staff Support (Attachment E) (10 min.).
7. CAC consideration and selection of November and Future CAC General Meeting Topics (10 min.)
a. Metro Countywide Sustainability Program Updates
b. Metro Recovery Task Force Latest Updates on Draft Recommendations released in Oct. 2020.
c. Countywide Coordinated Plan-Ongoing updates, as available
d. TAP updates – new contactless payment introduced in Sept. 2020
e. Crenshaw North Extension Project Updatesv f. Homelessness Task Force Updates
g. Other CAC Member suggestions?
8. Discuss CAC’s list of external groups and consider CAC’s process for screening and scheduling any future organizations. (Attachment F) (15 min.)
9. Administrative Items & Announcements (5 min.)
a. Chair’s Report
b. Recovery Task Force reminder shared at Sept. CAC mtgs. re: upcoming mtgs.
c. Metro Sept. Budget Report Discussion (Fare Capping vs. Fareless System Policy Questions, Item 33.1)
10. CAC Requested Follow-up Items (15 min.):
a. Traffic Reduction Study- CAC's requested Board Reports: Award of contracts, September 2019: https://boardagendas.metro.net/board-report/2019-0649/; Response to Board motions and draft Request for Proposal scopes, April 2019: https://boardagendas.metro.net/board-report/2019-0210/.
b. CAC Members’ Suggestion for usage of TAP photos on website & reminder to CAC to send their pic and 3-bullet bio to staff ideally by Oct. 31st.
c. Banash – feedback on discussion with Metro Sustainability Staff
d. Ashton - requested information from Exec. Board –regarding suspension of service and latest updates /reporting to Board re: how Metro aims to handle in the future.
e. Metro Recovery Task Force Reminders:
i. Virtual public meeting on October 1, 2020 – Watch the English meeting & audio.
ii. View the English presentation here: http://media.metro.net/2020/Recovery-Task-Force-Powerpoint.pdf
12. Public Comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 min. per speaker)
13. Consider items not on posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
a. PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER COMMENT. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER COMMENT. CAC Members R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249. MTA Board Meetings/Agendas
CAC MEMBERS PLEASE R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249.
Citizens’ Advisory Council
Code of Conduct
Adopted on July 23, 2003
- Respect all Citizens’ Advisory Council (CAC) member opinions by not interrupting them to disparage them as to content of opinion or intent of individual member.
- When called on during CAC meetings keep within a reasonable timeframe all comments and questions to prevent anyone from dominating the proceedings or in any way preventing the flow of varying opinions.
- Strive to conduct meetings in an orderly fashion by staying within agreed to time frames and allowing each member a fair amount of time to speak and ask questions.
- Do not in any way disrespect or call into question the credibility of any MTA employee.
- Do not make statements attributed to unnamed sources unless the source is identified.