Location & Date
Virtual Meeting, ,
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 6:00 p.m.
*Watch Live Online: Join via PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android: https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/97731344506
Listen by iPhone (audio only and muted): US: +16699006833,,97731344506# or +12532158782,,97731344506#
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 Meeting ID: 977 3134 4506
Comments can be made via:
*Online Chat Feature During Meeting. Or, submit your comments via online comment form by 5 p.m. the day prior at: https://metrola.wufoo.com/forms/q13333191xyprxi/
Or, send via Office Mail and ensure arrival to Metro by 5 p.m. the day prior:
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Please include the Agenda number and meeting date in your correspondence. Please submit your written public comments or documentation as soon as possible but no later than 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting.
Hank Fung, Chair
Brian Bowens, Vice Chair
Tammy Ashton, Secretary
Dalila Sotelo, Chair Emeritus
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Introductions (5 min.)
2. Approve August CAC Gen. Assembly Meeting Minutes (Action) (5 min.)
3. Metro’s Traffic Reduction Study Updates & Presentation (30 min.)
5. CAC’s Consideration of adoption of Name Change to “Community Advisory Council” (Action) (20 min.)
6. Potential future CAC Topics & Agenda Items per CAC Members & Staff (10 min.)
a. Metro’s latest TAP Updates
b. Metro Transit Court Updates
c. Metro’s Internal Fareless Task Force Recovery Updates
d. Latest Updates from Metro Comprehensive Fare Pricing Study Team
e. Crenshaw North Extension (CNE) Project Updates/Board Actions
f. Homeless Task Force Updates
g. Consider any other suggestions from CAC Members
7. News, Announcements, Informational Items, Reminders (10 min.)
a. CAC Chair’s expressed interest and commitment to serve as CAC Representative on Metro PAC
b. NextGen Virtual Events and Meetings
c. CAC’s Chair’s Report
d. Status update on CAC Vice Chair’s Draft Questions / Draft Report on Traffic Reduction
e. Reminder re: Upcoming Metro Recovery Task Force Virtual Mtg. (Oct. 1st 2020) (follow-up on CAC’s expressed interest to help promote)
f. CAC Reminder to send their pic and three-bullet bio for website
g. Sept. 16th Metro Budget Hearing Reminder and online Resources
8. Action Items/Requests from CAC Members
a. Banash requested contact information for Sustainability groups within Metro.
b. Ashton requested information from Metro Sept. 1st Meeting of the Fareless System Initiative (FSI) group.
9. Public comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 minutes per speaker)
10. Consider items not on posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER
CAC MEMBERS PLEASE R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249.
Citizens’ Advisory Council
Code of Conduct
Adopted on July 23, 2003
- Respect all Citizens’ Advisory Council (CAC) member opinions by not interrupting them to disparage them as to content of opinion or intent of individual member.
- When called on during CAC meetings keep within a reasonable timeframe all comments and questions to prevent anyone from dominating the proceedings or in any way preventing the flow of varying opinions.
- Strive to conduct meetings in an orderly fashion by staying within agreed to time frames and allowing each member a fair amount of time to speak and ask questions.
- Do not in any way disrespect or call into question the credibility of any MTA employee.
- Do not make statements attributed to unnamed sources unless the source is identified.