Location & Date
Virtual Meeting, ,
Wednesday, August 26, 2020 6:00 p.m.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/92025732232
Or iPhone one-tap:
US: +16699006833,,92025732232# or +12532158782,,92025732232#
Or Telephone: Dial: US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 Meeting ID: 920 2573 2232
International numbers available: https://sjsu.zoom.us/u/abPc15Y4KS
Comments can be made via:
*Online Chat Feature During Meeting
Or, submit your comments via online comment form by 5 p.m. the day prior at:
Or, send via Office Mail and ensure arrival to Metro by 5 p.m. the day prior:
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Please include the Agenda number and meeting date in your correspondence. Please submit your written public comments or documentation as soon as possible but no later than 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting.
Hank Fung, Chair
Brian Bowens, Vice Chair
Tammy Ashton, Secretary
Dalila Sotelo, Chair Emeritus
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Introductions (5 min.)
2. Approve July 22nd 2020 CAC Gen. Assembly Meeting Minutes (Action) (5 min.)
3. Metro’s Recovery Task Force Presentation (40 min.)
a. Recommendation from CAC based on presentation (Action)
4. Discussion of Potential future CAC Topics & Agenda Items (10 min.)
a. Metro Congestion Reduction Pricing Study Team- September
b. Metro Budget- September
5. Comprehensive Pricing Study Follow-up (10 min.)
a. Clarification of request by Tony Banash- Cost of Fare Enforcement vs. Revenue Collected
6. News, Announcements, Informational Items, Reminders (10 min.)
a. CAC’s Updated Work Plan with revisions (to be provided by CAC Chair)
b. NextGen Virtual Events
c. CAC’s “Working List” of Potential future CAC Guest Speakers
d. CAC’s Chair’s Report
e. Reminder re: NextGen Workshops/Public Hearings
f. CAC Reminder to send their pic and three-bullet bio for website
g. Council feedback re: their status and level of interest to pursue name change
7. Open Discussion/Comment on Online Meeting Platform Satisfaction
8. Public Comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 minutes per speaker)
9. Consider items not on posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER
CAC MEMBERS PLEASE R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249.
Citizens’ Advisory Council
Code of Conduct
Adopted on July 23, 2003
- Respect all Citizens’ Advisory Council (CAC) member opinions by not interrupting them to disparage them as to content of opinion or intent of individual member.
- When called on during CAC meetings keep within a reasonable timeframe all comments and questions to prevent anyone from dominating the proceedings or in any way preventing the flow of varying opinions.
- Strive to conduct meetings in an orderly fashion by staying within agreed to time frames and allowing each member a fair amount of time to speak and ask questions.
- Do not in any way disrespect or call into question the credibility of any MTA employee.
- Do not make statements attributed to unnamed sources unless the source is identified.