Location & Date
Virtual Meeting, ,
Friday, August 7, 2020 10:00 a.m.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/94209945404?pwd=czBpOHlOSmNYSTl4TFJDMjEwV3BUQT09
Or iPhone one-tap:
US: +16699006833,,94209945404# or +12532158782,,94209945404#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)：
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 301 715 8592
Meeting ID: 942 0994 5404
International numbers available: https://sjsu.zoom.us/u/adYsTBK7Uz
Comments can be made via:
*Online Chat Feature During Meeting
Or, submit your comments via online comment form by 5 p.m. the day prior at: https://metrola.wufoo.com/forms/q13333191xyprxi/
Or, send via Office Mail and ensure arrival to Metro by 5 p.m. the day prior:
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Please include the Agenda number and meeting date in your correspondence. Please submit your written public comments or documentation as soon as possible but no later than 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting.
HHank Fung, Chair
Brian Bowens, Vice Chair
Tammy Ashton, Secretary
Dalila Sotelo, Chair Emeritus
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Introductions
2. Approve Meeting Minutes- July 10th Ex. Committee Mtg. (Action)
3. Select topic(s) for August 2020 CAC General Assembly Meeting (Action)
a. Metro Recovery Task Force Overview/Updates (Presentation)
b. CAC Member & Metro Staff Input & Updates
i. Metro Homelessness Task Force Updates
iii. Other presentation topics?
iv. NexGen Bus Study- reminder of August Public Hearings/Events
v. Status of CAC Cross-Membership status on PAC & other councils
vi. Chair’s request for CAC seat on Metro Transit Safety Advisory Council.
vii. CAC proposed name change and potential vote on name change at Aug. 26th GA Mtg.
c. Other topics to be considered in future months
4. Discuss CAC Work Plan
5. Ad-Hoc Committee Status
a. COVID-19 Ad-Hoc Committee
6. Administrative Items & Announcements
a. CAC Website
i. Photos/bios of CAC Members- 3 total submissions from Members
(CAC Members’ picture submission should be 80x100px, per Metro webteam)
b. Chair’s Report
iii. Email from Chair announcing new CAC Officers and appointment opportunities to Metro Board Staff.
c. CAC letter of appreciation for Jackie’s support of Metro CAC
d. Other Administrative Items
7. Open Discussion for CAC Members
8. Public Comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 min. per speaker)
9. Consider items not on posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER
CAC MEMBERS PLEASE R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249.
Citizens’ Advisory Council
Code of Conduct
Adopted on July 23, 2003
- Respect all Citizens’ Advisory Council (CAC) member opinions by not interrupting them to disparage them as to content of opinion or intent of individual member.
- When called on during CAC meetings keep within a reasonable timeframe all comments and questions to prevent anyone from dominating the proceedings or in any way preventing the flow of varying opinions.
- Strive to conduct meetings in an orderly fashion by staying within agreed to time frames and allowing each member a fair amount of time to speak and ask questions.
- Do not in any way disrespect or call into question the credibility of any MTA employee.
- Do not make statements attributed to unnamed sources unless the source is identified.