Location & Date
Metro Headquarters - Union Station Conference Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Friday, March 6, 2020 10:00 a.m.
Brian Bowens, Chair
Tammy Ashton, Vice Chair
Hank Fung, Secretary
Tony Banash, Chair Emeritus
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Introductions
2. Approve Meeting Minutes – February 2020 (Action)
3. Select topic for March 2020 CAC General Assembly Meeting (Action)
a. Regional Rail Update (suggested by Exec. Comm.- Feb. 2020 Mtg.)
b. COVID-19/Coronavirus mitigation (suggested by Chair Emeritus, Tony Banash)
c. LIFE Program Update (suggested by Exec. Comm.-Jan. 2020 Mtg.)
d. Homelessness (suggested by Exec. Comm.-Jan. 2020 Mtg.)
e. Other topics to be considered in future months
4. Status Updates (Discussion) a. Requesting Minute Writer for CAC Meetings
b. Congestion Reduction / Pricing Ad-Hoc Committee
c. Renaming CAC Community Advisory Council
d. CAC Web Site/Metro Email for Members
e. Service Council /CAC Relationship (as requested by Bob Wolfe at Jan. Gen. Assembly)
f. Other Administrative Items
i. Agencies/Organizations/Speakers for possible hosting as guest speaker
ii. Articles (if applicable)
iii. Meeting Attendance
5. Metro Communications to public and employees regarding COVID-19/coronavirus (Discussion)
6. Public Comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 min. per speaker)
7. Consider items not on posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
Please Note: Times, as indicated above, are approximate. This CAC meeting is scheduled from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Therefore, meetings are subject to an 8:00 PM adjournment time as the subject of discussion and questions posed by the Council dictate. PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER
CAC MEMBERS PLEASE R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249.
Citizens’ Advisory Council
Code of Conduct
Adopted on July 23, 2003
- Respect all Citizens’ Advisory Council (CAC) member opinions by not interrupting them to disparage them as to content of opinion or intent of individual member.
- When called on during CAC meetings keep within a reasonable timeframe all comments and questions to prevent anyone from dominating the proceedings or in any way preventing the flow of varying opinions.
- Strive to conduct meetings in an orderly fashion by staying within agreed to time frames and allowing each member a fair amount of time to speak and ask questions.
- Do not in any way disrespect or call into question the credibility of any MTA employee.
- Do not make statements attributed to unnamed sources unless the source is identified.