Location & Date
Metro Board Conference Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Friday, September 6, 2019 11:30 a.m.
Brian Bowens, Chair
Tammy Ashton, Vice Chair
Hank Fung, Secretary
Tony Banash, Chair Emeritus
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Welcome and Introductions
a. Introduce new CAC Standing Committee Chairs, Darrell Clarke, Malcolm Harris, and David Lara
2. Approve Meeting Minutes – August 2019 (Action)
3. Discussion of CAC Work Products for 2019-20
a. Standing Committee Chairs and Functions
b. Focus Item on Congestion Pricing
c. Tools for CAC Members to be more engaged with Metro
4. Administrative Items
a. Training for CAC Executive Committee (as suggested by Vice Chair)
b. Approve topics for September CAC General Assembly Mtg.
i. Title VI/Civil Rights
ii. Ad-Hoc Committee on Congestion Pricing
c. Other Administrative Items
i. Agencies/Organizations/Speakers for possible hosting as guest speaker
Continuation of Discussion on CAC Work Products for 2019-20
ii. Articles- Wall Street Journal, The Source, Harvard Study, Opportunity Insights, NYT: Transportation Emerges as Crucial to Escaping Poverty
iii. Rules of Order-Utilization of Rosenberg’s Rules of Order (CAC Secretary’s suggestion)
d. Formally approve time change for CAC Executive Committee Mtgs. to 10 a.m., effective starting at the Oct. Ex. Comm. Mtg.
5. Public Comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 minutes per speaker)
6. Consider items not on posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER