Location & Date
Metro Headquarters - Union Station Conference Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:00 p.m.
Brian Bowens, Chair
Tammy Ashton, Vice Chair
Hank Fung, Secretary
Tony Banash, Chair Emeritus
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Welcome and Introductions
2. Approve Meeting Minutes- July 2019 (Action)
3. Metro Low Income Fare is Easy (LIFE) Program Update
4. Discuss and Select CAC Standing Committee Chairs (Action)
a. Purpose of Standing Committees and Responsibilities of Chairs
- 1. Attend Executive Committee Meetings and monitor Metro Board Items related to topic areas
b. Select Chairs
c. Break out into Standing Committee Groups
- 1. Construction Committee
- 2. Operations Committee
- 3. Planning and Programming Committee
5. CAC Focus Items for FY 2019-20 Report to Board (Action)
- a. Congestion Pricing
- b. Other Suggestions from CAC Membership
6. Administrative Items
- a. Request submitted from Metro Title VI staff requesting to share a Title VI update to CAC at CAC Sept. meeting(s).
Move Executive Committee Meeting time to 10 a.m. First Friday of the Month
- b. Tools for CAC Members to be more engaged with Metro
- c. Metro Customer Care- Routing CAC and public concerns of service outside of meetings
- d. CAC Meeting Dates for 2020- http://media.metro.net/board/Items/2019/07_july/20190724cac-item6a.pdf
- e. Other Administrative Items- Articles of Note
1. Chair’s Suggested Links: Hasan Minhaj, Why Your Public Transportation Sucks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z1KLpf_7tU
Public Transportation Use and Cognitive Function in Older Age: A Quasiexperimental Evaluation of the Free Bus Pass Policy in the United Kingdom: https://academic.oup.com/aje/advance-article-abstract/doi/10.1093/aje/kwz149/5525029#.XVokekQsnqI.email
New York Times Upshot: Transportation emerges as crucial to escaping poverty - https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/07/upshot/transportation-emerges-as-crucial-to-escaping-poverty.html
Los Angeles Times - Riding the Buses of Los Angeles: A Users Guide https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story/2019-08-08/riding-the-buses-of-los-angeles-a-users-guide
2. All CAC Members may submit links to items of interest to the Secretary for inclusion.
7. Public Comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 minutes per speaker)
8. Consider items not on the posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda for action at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
Please Note: Times, as indicated above, are approximate. This CAC meeting is scheduled from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Therefore, meetings are subject to an 8:00 PM adjournment time as the subject of discussion and questions posed by the Council dictate.
PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER
CAC MEMBERS PLEASE R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249.