Location & Date
Virtual Meeting, ,
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 6:00 p.m.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
One tap mobile: 1-669-900-9128
Dial by your location: 1-669-900-9128 Or 1-833-548-0276
Meeting ID: 914 9491 8120
*Online Chat Feature During Meeting
Or, submit your comments via online comment form by 5 p.m. the day prior at: https://metrola.wufoo.com/forms/q13333191xyprxi/
Or, send via Office Mail and ensure arrival to Metro by 5 p.m. the day prior to:
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Please include the Agenda number and meeting date in your correspondence. Please submit your written public comments or documentation as soon as possible but no later than 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting.
Hank Fung, Chair
Brian Bowens, Vice Chair
Tammy Ashton, Secretary
Dalila Sotelo, Chair Emeritus
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Introductions (5 min)
2. Approve General Assembly Meeting Minutes (5 min)
a. Approve October General Assembly Mtg. Minutes (Attachment A) (Action)
b. Approve September General Assembly Mtg. Minutes (Attachment B) (Action)
c. Approve August General Assembly Mtg. Minutes (Attachment C) (Action)
3. Metro Microtransit Updates- (Attachment D) (40 min)
4. Metro Sustainability Advisory Council invitation to Metro CAC to have a seat on Council (10 min.)
a. Sustainability Advisory Council Overview
b. Metro Sustainability Council Members
c. Sept. 22nd Metro Sustainability hosting an Energy Resiliency Symposium. Jan. 2021 anticipated Energy Resiliency Summit. Details will be posted on website.
5. Draft discussion points from CAC Chair for Council consideration re: compensation for Public Safety Advisory Committee Community Members (Attachment E) (15 min.)
7. CAC consideration and selection of Future CAC General Meeting Topics (10 min.)
a. Metro CEO and Executive Staff Updates- invite to Dec. 4th CAC Meeting submitted per Exec. Committee’s request on Nov. 6th.
b. Other CAC Member suggestions?
8. Updates to Past CAC Discussions (5 min.)
a. How Metro Engages Unhoused Riders- Virtual Webinar Nov. 19th @ 12 p.m.
b. Recovery Task Force reminder shared at Sept. CAC mtgs. recent Oct. virtual mtg. recording.
c. Metro Sept. Budget Report Discussion follow-up item from Chair Fung (Fare Capping vs. Fareless System Policy Questions, Item 33.1)
9. CAC Requested Follow-up Items (10 min.):
a. CAC Members’ monthly reminder to CAC to send their pic and 3-bullet bio to staff.
b. Banash – feedback on discussion with Metro Sustainability Staff
c. Ashton - requested information from Exec. Board –re: suspension of service and latest updates re: how Metro aims to handle in the future (90-Day report back to Board/Metro Board Box distributed with Oct. Gen. Assembly Mtg. Agenda packet re-distributed with Nov. GA Mtg. materials). (Attachment 9c)
Metro updates shared at Nov Service Council mtg. posted here: https://media.metro.net/board/Items/2020/11_november/20201104sfvitem6.pdf
10. Open Discussion for CAC Members
11. Public Comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 min. per speaker)
12. Consider items not on posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
a. PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER COMMENT. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER COMMENT. CAC Members R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249. MTA Board Meetings/Agendas
CAC MEMBERS PLEASE R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249.
Citizens’ Advisory Council
Code of Conduct
Adopted on July 23, 2003
- Respect all Citizens’ Advisory Council (CAC) member opinions by not interrupting them to disparage them as to content of opinion or intent of individual member.
- When called on during CAC meetings keep within a reasonable timeframe all comments and questions to prevent anyone from dominating the proceedings or in any way preventing the flow of varying opinions.
- Strive to conduct meetings in an orderly fashion by staying within agreed to time frames and allowing each member a fair amount of time to speak and ask questions.
- Do not in any way disrespect or call into question the credibility of any MTA employee.
- Do not make statements attributed to unnamed sources unless the source is identified.