Location & Date
Virtual Meeting, ,
Wednesday, July 22, 2020 6:00 p.m.
Watch Live Online:
Listen by Phone (audio only and muted):
Dial: 1 (877) 422-8614 and enter extension: 3495449#
Comments can be made via:
*Online Chat Feature During Meeting
Or, submit your comments via online comment form by 5 p.m. the day prior at: https://metrola.wufoo.com/forms/q13333191xyprxi/
Or, send via Office Mail and ensure arrival to Metro by 5 p.m. the day prior:
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Please include the Agenda number and meeting date in your correspondence. Please submit your written public comments or documentation as soon as possible but no later than 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting.
Hank Fung, Chair
Brian Bowens, Vice Chair
Tammy Ashton, Secretary
Dalila Sotelo, Chair Emeritus
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Introductions (5 min.)
2. Approve June 2020 CAC Gen. Assembly Meeting Minutes (Action) (5 min.)
3. Metro’s Comprehensive Pricing Study- Introductory Presentation (20 min.)
5. Draft Letter from CAC Chair Emeritus to Council re: expressed interest in potential name change to “Community Advisory Council” (20 min.)
6. Discussion of Potential future CAC Topics & Agenda Items (10 min.)
7. News, Announcements, Informational Items, Reminders (10 min.)
a. CAC’s Updated Work Plan with revisions (to be provided by CAC Chair)
b. NextGen Virtual Events
c. CAC’s “Working List” of Potential future CAC Guest Speakers
d. CAC’s Chair’s Report
e. Metro Response to Protests; Mutual Aid & Metro’s path forward; Items of Note
f. CAC Reminder to send their pic and three-bullet bio for website
8. Public Comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 minutes per speaker)
9. Consider items not on posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER
CAC MEMBERS PLEASE R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249.
Citizens’ Advisory Council
Code of Conduct
Adopted on July 23, 2003
- Respect all Citizens’ Advisory Council (CAC) member opinions by not interrupting them to disparage them as to content of opinion or intent of individual member.
- When called on during CAC meetings keep within a reasonable timeframe all comments and questions to prevent anyone from dominating the proceedings or in any way preventing the flow of varying opinions.
- Strive to conduct meetings in an orderly fashion by staying within agreed to time frames and allowing each member a fair amount of time to speak and ask questions.
- Do not in any way disrespect or call into question the credibility of any MTA employee.
- Do not make statements attributed to unnamed sources unless the source is identified.