Location & Date
Virtual Meeting, ,
Friday, July 10, 2020 10:00 a.m.
*Watch Live Online:
Listen by Phone:
Dial: +1 (877) 422-8614 Meeting Extension: 3495449#
Comments can be made via:
*Online Chat Feature During Meeting
Or, submit your comments via online comment form by 5 p.m. the day prior at: https://metrola.wufoo.com/forms/q13333191xyprxi/
Or, send via Office Mail and ensure arrival to Metro by 5 p.m. the day prior:
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Please include the Agenda number and meeting date in your correspondence. Please submit your written public comments or documentation as soon as possible but no later than 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting.
Hank Fung, Chair
Brian Bowens, Vice Chair
Tammy Ashton, Secretary
Dalila Sotelo, Chair Emeritus
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Introductions
2. Approve Meeting Minutes- June 2020 Ex. Committee Mtg. (Action)
3. Select topic(s) for July 2020 CAC General Assembly Meeting (Action)
a. LIFE Program Draft Letter 1, Draft Letter 2
b. Metro Staff Input/Updates
i. Comprehensive Pricing Study (Metro Board Exec. Comm. Update)
ii. Draft Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
(Reminder-public comment on Draft LRTP accepted through July 13th. Details here: http://ournext.la/ ).
iii. NexGen Bus Study
iv. Metro COVID-19 Recovery Task Force Updates
c. Other topics to be considered in future months
4. Ad-Hoc Committee Status
a. Traffic Reduction/Pricing Ad-Hoc Committee
b. COVID-19 Ad-Hoc Committee
5. Administrative Items & Announcements
a. CAC Website / Metro Email for Members
i. Photos/bios of CAC Members
(CAC Members’ picture submission should be 80x100px, per Metro webteam)
b. Chair’s Report
i. How to run effective meeting presentation (refresher for CAC Members)
ii. Meeting attendance
iii. New CAC Members (Chis Wilson)
c. Other Administrative Items
i. Agencies/Organizations/Speakers for possible hosting as guest speaker
ii. CAC Name Change
iii. Discuss Ad Hoc Committee for Future Honorees
iv. Metro Recovery Task Force 1st Virtual Public Mtg.- July 9th 6 p.m.
6. Open Discussion for CAC Members
7. Public Comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 min. per speaker)
8. Consider items not on posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER
CAC MEMBERS PLEASE R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249.
Citizens’ Advisory Council
Code of Conduct
Adopted on July 23, 2003
- Respect all Citizens’ Advisory Council (CAC) member opinions by not interrupting them to disparage them as to content of opinion or intent of individual member.
- When called on during CAC meetings keep within a reasonable timeframe all comments and questions to prevent anyone from dominating the proceedings or in any way preventing the flow of varying opinions.
- Strive to conduct meetings in an orderly fashion by staying within agreed to time frames and allowing each member a fair amount of time to speak and ask questions.
- Do not in any way disrespect or call into question the credibility of any MTA employee.
- Do not make statements attributed to unnamed sources unless the source is identified.