Location & Date
Virtual Meeting, ,
Friday, April 2, 2021 10:00 a.m.
Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Community Advisory Council* General Assembly Virtual Online Meeting
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
Call-in Numbers: 1-669-900-9128 -OR- 1-888-788-0099 (Toll-free)
Meeting ID: 953 9789 5349
*Online Chat Feature During Meeting
Or, submit your comments via online comment form by 5 p.m. the day prior at: https://metrola.wufoo.com/forms/q13333191xyprxi/
Or, send via Office Mail and ensure arrival to Metro by 5 p.m. the day prior to:
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Please include the Agenda number and meeting date in your correspondence. Please submit your written public comments or documentation as soon as possible but no later than 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled meeting.
Hank Fung, Chair
Tammy Ashton, Vice Chair
Brian Bowens, Secretary
Dalila Sotelo, Chair Emeritus
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Introductions (5 min)
2. Approve March 5thExecutive Committee Meeting Minutes (Attachment A)(Action) (5 min)
3. Selection of April and potential future General Assembly Mtg. Presentations/Topic(s) (40 min).
a. Metro Sustainability Program Updates during April “Earth Month”
b. Metro Budget Overview & Updates
c. Metro Countywide Coordinated Plan (plan’s emphasis is on ensuring enhanced mobility for Older Adults and Individuals with Disabilities, low income individuals and veterans). The plan will also address federal requirements per the Federal Transit Administration's (FTA) Section 5310 funding process for urbanized and rural areas.
- Virtual Public Meeting April 7, 2021 @ 10:30 a.m. details here: https://www.metro.net/projects/fta5310/coordinated-plan/
d. Metro Goods Movement Plan Updates
e. TAP updates – new contactless payment introduced in Sept. 2020
f. . Follow-up on Vice Chair’s Traffic Reduction Study Questions, Council inputs, Draft Report status
g. Crenshaw North Extension Project Updates
h. Metro TOD updates and March virtual public meetings
i. I-105 Project Updates
j. Metro Countywide Sustainability Program Updates
k. Metro Recovery Task Force Latest Updates on Recommendations & Final Draft Report
l. Metro Short Range Transportation Plan updates
m. Metro Customer Experience Initiative –project team offer to provide ongoing updates to CAC
n. Sepulveda Corridor Project Overview & Updates
o. State Rail Plan Updates
p. Any other CAC Member or staff suggestions?
4. Administrative Items & Announcements (5 min.)
a. Updates from CAC Members, as shared with Chair and/or staff.
- Chair Hank will provide a summary on Public Safety and FSI motion.
- Metro Community Conversations event on Sustainability- 4/28 from 12pm to 1pm
- Davies was impressed with a presentation on homelessness. Davies expressed that no one is feeling for the employees that deal with the great challenges of homelessness. Davies expressed that the Metro Bus drivers do not get enough attention.
- Chair Hank would like to see CAC take some action or create a letter.
b. Bylaws for Executive and Standing Committees
c. June Election & Adoption of Annual Work Plan
d. Update from OMB on budget
5. CAC Requested Follow-up Items (10 min.):
a. Metro Conversations: Joint Development Policy Virtual Town Hall April 7th 5:30 p.m.
- https://www.metro.net/projects/joint_dev_pgm/ for more information
- Click here to register.
- Related Policy Paper here: https://thesource.metro.net/2021/01/27/metro-releases-paper-on-updating-affordable-housing-policy-in-response-to-areas-housing-crisis/
b. Metro Countywide Sustainability Program
i. Metro Sustainability Program’s invitation to CAC to have an official voting seat via 1-2 max. CAC Members on the Sustainability Council. Completion of online application- via weblink provided to Tony Banash and Keith Martin is required to complete process.
(discussion and potential action).
c. Metro Public Safety Advisory Committee information (website)
- March Board Report Updates & two motions
- Membership to consist of 15 Community Members w/ 3 alternates and three non-voting Metro team members (Ops and maintenance); and representation from their existing safety and security working group.
- Strong emphasis on regular transit riders and racial, socio-economic diversity and backgrounds / expertise in the topic.
- First PSAC Mtg. anticipated for April 7th from 5 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.
d. CAC Member Banash- expressed interest in hearing update on Metro Bus window policy.
e. CAC Members’ “Top 5” Proposed Topics List
f. CAC Members’ monthly reminder to send pic and 3-bullet bio if they have not yet.
6. Open Discussion for CAC Members
7. Public Comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 min. per speaker)
8. Consider items not on posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
a. PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER COMMENT. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER COMMENT. CAC Members R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249. MTA Board Meetings/Agendas | Click here to return to MTA.net home