Location & Date
Metro Headquarters - Union Station Conference Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, February 26, 2020 6:00 p.m.
Brian Bowens, Chair
Tammy Ashton, Vice Chair
Hank Fung, Secretary
Tony Banash, Chair Emeritus
1. Call to Order: Pledge of Allegiance, Welcome and Introductions
2. Metro Sustainability Program Update (30 Min.)
3. NexGen Bus Study Update (60 Min.)
4. Approve Minutes of January 2020 Meeting (Action)
5. Traffic Reduction/Congestion Reduction Ad-Hoc Committee Update
6. Administrative Items a. Renaming CAC to Community Advisory Council
b. Minute Writer Letter to Metro Community Relations
c. Draft Honoree Selection Criteria and Schedule
d. CAC Web Site – photos
e. Articles of note (if any)
7. Public Comment, Non-Agenda Items (2 minutes per speaker)
8. Consider items not on the posted agenda, including items to be presented and referred to committee members and/or staff; items to be placed on agenda for action at a future CAC meeting; and items requiring immediate action due to an emergency situation or where the need to take action came to the attention of the CAC subsequent to posting of the agenda.
Please Note: Times, as indicated above, are approximate. This CAC meeting is scheduled from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Therefore, meetings are subject to an 8:00 PM adjournment time as the subject of discussion and questions posed by the Council dictate. PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN AFTER EACH AGENDA ITEM FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER. COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS BUT WITHIN THE SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION OF THE CAC WILL BE HEARD AT THE END OF AGENDA FOR A MAXIMUM OF TWO-MINUTES PER SPEAKER
CAC MEMBERS PLEASE R.S.V.P TO (213) 922-1249.
Citizens’ Advisory Council
Code of Conduct
Adopted on July 23, 2003
- Respect all Citizens’ Advisory Council (CAC) member opinions by not interrupting them to disparage them as to content of opinion or intent of individual member.
- When called on during CAC meetings keep within a reasonable timeframe all comments and questions to prevent anyone from dominating the proceedings or in any way preventing the flow of varying opinions.
- Strive to conduct meetings in an orderly fashion by staying within agreed to time frames and allowing each member a fair amount of time to speak and ask questions.
- Do not in any way disrespect or call into question the credibility of any MTA employee.
- Do not make statements attributed to unnamed sources unless the source is identified.