Location & Date
Virtual Meeting, ,
Wednesday, August 19, 2020 6:30 p.m.
Watch Online: Link to stream will appear here under Upcoming Events when the hearing begins
Listen By Phone: Dial 877.422.8614, enter Meeting Extension 3462125# (English)
Escuchar Por Teléfono: Marque al 877.422.8614, ingresar la extensión 4127050# (Español)
Call to Order
David Perry, Chair
Carla Canales Cortez, Vice Chair
Perri Sloane Goodman
Dolores Ramos, Service Councils Administrator
Conan Cheung, Senior Executive Officer
Joe Forgiarini, Senior Director, Service Performance &Analysis
Israel Marin, Principal Transportation Planner
Tito Corona, Community Relations Manager
Albert Kuan, Transportation Associate
1. CALL to Order and Remarks by Hearing Officer
- Purpose of Public Hearing and Hearing Procedures
2. READING of Statement Regarding Publication of Notices and Dissemination of Public Information, Dolores Ramos, Chief Administrative Analyst
3. PRESENTATION of Proposed NextGen Bus Plan Service Changes for the San Fernando Valley to be Implemented in December 2020 or Later, Conan Cheung, Senior Executive Officer Senior Director, Service Performance & Analysis, Israel Marin, Principal Transportation Planner
4. RECEIVE Public Comments on Proposed NextGen Bus Plan Changes Councilmembers and staff will receive comments and will not discuss or respond to any comments beyond clarifying or correcting any misunderstanding of a proposal by commenters.
Ways to comment during the hearing
- Submit your eComment to be read during the hearing here
- Listen and comment in English: Dial 877.422.8614, enter extension 3654496#. Callers will be announced by the area code and last four numbers of their phone number, then be given up to two minutes to make comments.
- Escuchar y comentar en español: Marque al 877.422.8614, ingresar la extensión 4127057#. Los llamantes serán anunciados por el código de área y los últimos cuatro números de su número de teléfono; luego se les dará hasta dos minutos para hacer comentarios.
5. Closing Remarks by Hearing Officer and Councilmembers
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Council; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Council subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
Members of the public can also submit comments until midnight on Thursday, August 27, when the public record will close; comments must be postmarked (mail) or time stamped (email);
- Via email: email@example.com Attn: “NextGen Bus Plan Proposed Service Changes”
- By postal mail:
Metro Service Planning & Development
Attn: NextGen Bus Plan Proposed Service Changes
1 Gateway Plaza, 99-7-1
Los Angeles, CA 90012-2932
Next San Fernando Valley Service Council Meeting: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. September Service Council meeting agendas will be posted at metro.net/about/board/agenda.
Subscribe to the San Fernando Valley Service Council mailing list: email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 213.922.1282.
ADA and Title VI Requirements: Upon request, sign language interpretation, materials in alternative formats and other accommodations are available to the public for Metro sponsored meetings and events.
Limited English Proficiency: Upon request, interpreters are available to the public for Metro sponsored meetings and events. Agendas and minutes will also be made available in other languages upon request.
All requests for reasonable accommodations, interpretation services and materials in other languages must be made at least three working days (72 hours) in advance of the scheduled meeting date. Please submit requests by calling (213) 922-4600 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our TDD line is (800) 252-9040. Individuals with hearing or speech impairment may use California Relay Service 711 + Metro phone number.