Location & Date
Virtual Meeting, ,
Friday, June 12, 2020 10:30 a.m.
Watch Online: South Bay Service Council Stream
Listen By Phone: Dial 877.422.8614, enter Meeting extension: 3462108#
To submit public comments:
Before the meeting:
- Via email email@example.com or by postal mail: Regional Service Councils, One Gateway Plaza, MS: 99-7-1, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- · Indicate the meeting name, date, and agenda number or item along with comments submitted by email or postal mail.
- Before and during the meeting: Comment via the links provided in the following agenda or posted here.
During the meeting: Call 877.422.8614 and enter Meeting Extension 3756328# during the presentation of the item you wish to comment on. Callers will be announced by the last four numbers of their phone number, then be unmuted and given two minutes to make comments.
Call to Order
Ralph Franklin, Chair
Don Szerlip, Vice Chair
Charles M. Deemer
Dolores Ramos, Chief Administrative Analyst
Joe Forgiarini, Senior Manager, Service Planning & Development
S cott Greene, Transportation Planning Manager M
ark Dierking, Community Relations Manager
Nazareen Habib, Senior Administrative Analyst
Note: Times listed are approximations of when the item is expected to be addressed; actual time and duration of the presentation and discussion may vary.
1. ROLL Call
2. SAFETY Tip Comment
4. RECOGNIZE Councilmembers Dan Medina and Meighan Langlois, and Chair Ralph Franklin, Councilmembers (10:35 a.m.) Comment
5. DISCUSS Events of Saturday, May 30, Staff and Councilmembers (11:00 a.m.) Comment
8. RECEIVE Metro COVID-19 Response Update, Joe Forgiarini, Senior Manager, Service Planning & Development, Mark Dierking, Community Relations Manager, Joyce Burrell Garcia, System Safety & Security, Mark Vallianatos, Executive Officer, Office of Extraordinary Innovation (11:45 a.m.) Comment
10. APPROVE Public Hearing Time and Date, Councilmembers (12:15 p.m.) Comment
11. ELECT Chair & Vice Chair for FY21, Councilmembers (12:30 p.m.) Comment
13. Council Member Comments (1:00 p.m.) Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Council; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Council subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
14. PUBLIC Comments for Items not on the Agenda (1:15 p.m.) Comment
A member of the public may address the Council on agenda items, before or during the Council’s consideration of the item for up to 5 minutes per item, or at the discretion of the Chair.
ADA and Title VI Requirements: Upon request, sign language interpretation, materials in alternative formats and other accommodations are available to the public for Metro sponsored meetings and events.
Limited English Proficiency: Upon request, interpreters are available to the public for Metro sponsored meetings and events. Agendas and minutes will also be made available in other languages upon request.
All requests for reasonable accommodations, interpretation services and materials in other languages must be made at least three working days (72 hours) in advance of the scheduled meeting date. Please submit requests by calling (213) 922-4600 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our TDD line is (800) 252-9040. Individuals with hearing or speech impairment may use California Relay Service 711 + Metro phone number.