Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, December 4, 2014 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Eric Garcetti, Chair
Mark Ridley-Thomas, 1st Vice Chair
John Fasana, 2nd Vice Chair*
Ara J. Najarian
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Chief Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
2. Chair’s Report.
3. Chief Executive Officer’s Report.
4. RECEIVE AND FILE report on the FY16 Budget Development to emphasize strategies for Potential Cost Reduction and Revenue Enhancement in response to a directive from the May 2014 Regular Board Meeting and to prepare for FY16 Budget Process.
5. RECEIVE oral report from Los Angeles World Airport staff on the status of their Automated People Mover Project.
6. RECEIVE oral update from Metrolink CEO Michael DePallo on Metrolink.
A. receiving and filing report on providing complimentary transit passes to all law enforcement personnel in MTA’s service area; and
B. revising the Sworn Uniformed Fare Exemption Policy to remove the requirement that law enforcement shall be in uniform at all times in order to qualify for fare exemption.
8. RECEIVE oral report on transit policing models.
9. RECEIVE AND FILE report providing an update on addressing the FTA Triennial Review findings pertaining to ADA mandated services.
10. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute a revenue producing lease for the “Kiosk 4” location in Union Station.
A. increasing the Life of Project budget for Project 809081, Red Line Segment 2 Close-out in the amount of $6,500,000, increasing the previous authorization of $22,867,000 to $29,367,000; and
B. amending the FY15 budget to add $5,071,000 to Project 809081, Red Line Segment 2 Close-out.
12. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a seven (7) month firm fixed price contract under Bid No. OP85103407 with B&C Transit, Inc., the only responsive and responsible bidder, to furnish, install, and integrate a Public Address System at the Regional Operation Center, EXPO II and Foothill Extension for a firm fixed price amount of $1,142,500, inclusive of sales tax.
13. ADOPT the staff recommended position on H.R. 5624 (Lowenthal) of SUPPORT – WORK WITH AUTHOR.
14. CONSIDER Antonovich Motion that the MTA Board allocates an additional $1.7 million from Metrolink-specific sources (Proposition C 10% and Measure R 3%) for the purpose of ensuring 100% fare enforcement coverage on all Antelope Valley Line trains through the June 30, 2015, conclusion of this Pilot Program.
FURTHER, that the MTA Board direct the CEO to work with the Metrolink CEO to make a presentation to the MTA Board by the June 2015 Board meeting that provides an evaluation of the program and its effectiveness in improving the quality and security of Metrolink’s Antelope Valley Line service.
15. General Public Comment
16. CLOSED SESSION:
A. Conference with Real Property Negotiator – G.C. 54956.8
Property Description: 6111 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
Agency Negotiator: Carol A. Chiodo
Negotiating Party: MMY, LLC
Under Negotiation: Price and Terms
B. Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation – G.C. 54956.9(d)(1):
1. Kiewit Infrastructure West Co. f/k/a Kiewit Pacific Company v. LACMTA, LASC Case No. BC545331
2. Tutor-Saliba-Perini, JV., et.al. v. LACMTA, LASC Case No. BC123559 (Consolidated with Case No. BC132928)
3. LACMTA v. Parson-Dillingham, LASC Case No. BC150298 (Consolidated with Case No. BC179027)
C. Public Employee Performance Evaluation – G.C. 54957(b)(1):
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION