Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:30 p.m.
Call to Order
Pam O'Connor, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
21. AWARD a Labor-Hour, Task Order Contract No. PS4730-3070 with CH2M Hill, Inc. for a three-year period with two one-year options for Los Angeles County on-call project management and quality assurance/control support services for an amount not to exceed $10 million.
22. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to approve a Letter of Interest request for the ARTI Project to be submitted by the California Department of Transportation for a Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act loan in the amount of up to $300 million to the United States Department of Transportation and pay related fees and expenses.
23. ADOPT the policy which provides direction for considering requests from local jurisdictions, third parties, and other stakeholders for supplemental modifications to transit corridor projects at various stages in the project development process.
I THEREFORE MOVE that the above referenced COG's and subregions be included in the funding for mobility matrices;
I FURTHER MOVE that the funding be equal to that of the COG's included in the October 2013 motion, utilizing the same funding source;
I FURTHER MOVE that the CEO direct staff to work with the Las Virgenes Malibu COG and North County Transportation Coalition and the Arroyo Verdugo subregions as directed in the October 2013 motion for the Westside and San Fernando Valley COG's, as amended, and allot the same time extension as granted for the San Gabriel Valley COG.
WE, THEREFORE, MOVE that the Board direct the CEO to have staff investigate the concerns raised by the Winnetka Neighborhood Council and to work with the City of Los Angeles to mitigate the problems associated with the lack of bathroom facilities at Pierce College Station.
WE FURTHER MOVE that the Board direct the CEO to report back on these findings at the January Board meeting and present an implementation plan for installing portable bathrooms if these problems cannot be thoroughly mitigated.
WE FURTHER MOVE that the Board direct the CEO to assess the potential need for bathrooms on our subway, light rail and bus rapid transit line stations and report back to the System Safety and Operations Committee in 90 days.
25. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the environmental clearance of the East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor.[HANDOUT]
(CARRIED OVER FROM THE OCTOBER COMMITTEE CYCLE)
26. RECEIVE AND FILE report regarding the process and schedule required to develop a ballot initiative for the November 2014 or November 2016 election in response to the June 2013 Board directive (Motion 10).
27. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the Airport Metro Connector as directed by the Board in October 2013.
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
28. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION