Mel Wilson
Michael Miles, non-voting member

Officers

Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel

20. Presentation from Antelope Valley Board of Trade Transportation Committee.

21. CONSIDER:

A. approving the Sepulveda Pass Transit Corridor as a candidate for further consideration as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) delivery project without changing Long Range Transportation Plan priorities;

B.authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate a modification to Contract No. PS4370-2316 with InfraConsult LLC, and contract with further consultant teams as needed to:

1. evaluate the suitability of a transit and/or highway facility through the Sepulveda Pass as a PPP, utilizing the Board-approved PPP evaluation criteria;

2. proceed with all actions necessary to assist in the preparation of a Pre-Development Agreement with a private entity to develop the project; and

C. receiving and filing the Sepulveda Pass Systems Planning Study Findings [HANDOUT]

22. APPROVE the updated park and ride project list.

23. CONSIDER:

A. deobligating $15.24 million of previously approved Countywide Calls for Projects funding

B. approving changes to the scope of work and reprogramming funding for the City of Long Beach – Downtown Long Beach Pine Avenue Streetscape Improvement Project (#F5609); and

C. receiving and filing time extensions for eight projects.

24. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to enter into an amendment to the existing Revised Amended and Restated Joint Development Agreement (“JDA”) with MacArthur Park Metro, LLC, (“MPM”) to modify the JDA in accordance with the Summary of Key Modifications to JDA, together with such modifications as may be appropriate to protect Metro’s interests, and to extend the JDA term twelve (12) months to:

A. allow Metro and MPM to analyze and, if necessary, renegotiate the JDA’s terms and conditions with respect to rent due under the ground lease(s) contemplated for the second phase of the Westlake/MacArthur Park joint development project (including any associated terms and conditions); and

B provide sufficient time for MPM to secure project financing.

25. CONSIDER:

A. authorizing the following I-5 Corridor funding plan changes:

1. reprogramming $71 million from the I-5 North non-Corridor Mobility Improvement Account savings to the I-5 South;

2.reprogramming $26 million from I-5 North AB3X20 CMIA savings to I-405;

3. adding $34 million of State Highway Operation Protection Program to the funding programmed for the I-5 South;

adopting the I-5 Corridor Project Measure R Cost Management Process and Policy Evaluation; and

directing staff to work with the Gateway Cities Council of Governments to finalize and implement the I-5 Corridor Project Measure R Cost Management Process and Policy Evaluation.

25. AUTHORIZE the programming of $178 million in new State Highway Operation and Protection Program funding and bid savings on the  I-5 North at Empire Project to address requests by the California Transportation Commission and Caltrans related to the I-5 South and I-405 Sepulveda Pass Projects.

26. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to work with the Southern California Association of Governments to amend the 2012-2035 Regional Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy to incorporate a High Occupancy Toll facility as an alternative to the   I-5 North Capacity Enhancement from SR-14 to Parker Road Project, which is an element of the Accelerated Regional Transportation Improvements project, to ensure consistency with the Board-approved 2009 Long Range Transportation Plan and the Public-Private Partnership Program.

72. MOLINA MOTION that the Board of Directors direct the CEO to change the name of the “Metro Red Line Civic Center Station” to “Grand Park/Civic Center Station”.

73. RIDLEY-THOMAS MOTION that the MTA Board of Directors direct the CEO to prepare a plan to change the name of the Wilshire/Western station on the Purple Line to the “Wilshire/Western Alfred Hoyun Song Station,” to commemorate the work of Senator Song. Report back to the Board in 60 days.

74. ANTONOVICH, DUBOIS AND KNABE MOTION that the Board directs the CEO to develop and implement a plan to work with Caltrans, affected cities and key stakeholders to develop a coordinated corridor-wide approach to implementing outreach, needed improvements and related mitigations along the I-5 from the Orange County line to the Kern County Line. 

WE FURTHER MOVE that a plan of action and associated budget be presented for consideration at the February 2013 Board meeting.

27. RECEIVE AND FILE status report responding to the July 26, 2012 Board Motion directing staff to develop a Regional Airport Connectivity Plan that will integrate our region’s airports into our regional transportation system.

28. RECEIVE AND FILE the Regional Rail Update through October 2012.

29. RECEIVE oral report on Highway Program Project Budget and Schedule Status.

75. RECEIVE oral report on the Status of the MAP-21 Transportation Alternatives Funding Implementation.

30. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.

Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.

COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE’S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION

ADJOURNMENT

Advertisement
Close Search Window

Search metro.net, The Source, and El Pasajero