Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:30 p.m.
Call to Order
Mark Ridley-Thomas, Chair
Gloria Molina, Vice Chair
Michael D. Antonovich
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
14. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a five-year firm fixed price bench contract, under Contract No. PS12701049 with the contractors named below for vanpool lease services in an amount not to exceed $33,237,000 inclusive of two one-year options effective March 1, 2014:
a. California Vanpool Authority
b. Enterprise Rent-a-Car Company of Los Angeles (dba Enterprise Rideshare)
c. VPSI, Inc. (dba vRide)
a. awarding $9,443,997 in Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Grants to the 13 recommended project sponsors;
b. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute Grant Agreements for the funds; and
c. amending the TOD Round 3 Grant Program Guidelines to allow 36 months for project completion.
16. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to amend the FY13 budget to:
a. add one full-time equivalent (FTE) non-contract Administrative Analyst position to Countywide Planning, cost center 4540 to perform vanpool customer formation and in-take in compliance with new Federal Transit Administration rules for vanpool eligibility and reporting; and
b. add one FTE non-contract Senior Account Executive position to Communications, cost center 7140 to provide advanced customer service for Metro's employer annual pass sales program and manage the Youth On The Move program.
17. APPROVE a finding that all 88 cities and the County of Los Angeles are in conformance with the Congestion Management Program for Los Angeles County.
b. approving changes to the scope of work and reprogramming funding for the City of Long Beach – Downtown Long Beach Pine Avenue Streetscape Improvement Project (#F5609); and
c. receiving and filing status report on the Call for Projects with redevelopment funds.
19. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
a. execute modification No. 3 to Contract No. PS10-4320-2618 with HDR Engineering, Inc. (Contractor) in the firm fixed amount of $339,793 for the expanded scope of the Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Assessment (EIR/EA) for the Restoration of Historic Streetcar Service Project in Downtown Los Angeles, increasing the total contract value from $2,481,082 to $2,820,875;
b. increase Contract Modification Authority for Contract No. PS10-4320- 2618, Restoration of Historic Streetcar Service in Downtown Los Angeles, with the Contractor in the amount of $250,000; and
c. execute appropriate agreements with Los Angeles Streetcar, Inc. to ensure that Metro is advanced the funds to cover all incurred costs, including staff and consultant services, for the preparation of the EIR/EA and Federal Transit Administration Small Starts application.
20. RECEIVE AND FILE update on Los Angeles County Bus Rapid Transit and Street Design Improvement Study.
21. RECEIVE AND FILE the Active Transportation Alternative Preliminary Assessment for the Harbor Subdivision Right-of-Way from the Los Angeles River to the future Florence Avenue/West Boulevard station of the Crenshaw/LAX LRT.
22. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to increase the cumulative Contract Modification Authority from $680,067 to $2,680,067 to execute additional contract modifications, if required, to Contract No. PS4370-2316, Public-Private Partnership Consulting Services, with InfraConsult LLC, (Consultant) to:
a. evaluate the feasibility of a transit and/or highway facility through the Sepulveda Pass as a Public-Private Partnership (P3) project; and
b. continue P3 work on development of the Accelerated Regional Transportation Improvements project.
23. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to enter into an amendment to the existing Revised Amended and Restated Joint Development Agreement with MacArthur Park Metro, LLC, to modify the conceptual development plan for Phase B of the proposed joint development project such that it provides for:
a. construction of 82 affordable apartments and 6,000 to 12,000 square feet of retail space;
b. closure of the existing north portal to the Westlake/MacArthur subway station and its adjoining, subterranean access; and
c. construction of a new subway portal at Westlake Avenue, all subject to appropriate operational approvals.
24. RECEIVE AND FILE the State Route 710 North Alternatives Analysis (AA) Report. The AA Report contains a comparative analysis of the alternatives studied and the methodology used to determine the top performing build alternatives to be advanced for further study in the Draft Environmental Impact Report/Draft Environmental Impact Statement.
The AA report was prepared in partnership with the California Department of Transportation, with input from project stakeholders. The full AA Report is posted on the Caltrans website at: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist07/resources/envdocs/docs/710study/ [HANDOUT]
25. RECEIVE AND FILE report on the Metro Freeway Beautification Project.
26. RECEIVE oral report on Highway Program Project Budget and Schedule Status
27. WITHDRAWN: RECEIVE oral presentation on Crenshaw/LAX Community Benefits Program Updat
(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE)
(CARRIED OVER FROM JANUARY PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE)
28. RECEIVE AND FILE the Regional Rail Update through January 2013.
29. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION