Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Michael Antonovich, Chair
Gloria Molina, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
32. AWARD a firm fixed price contract under Bid No. 13-0028 to Transtechnik Corporation, USA, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for Auxiliary Inverters for an amount not to exceed $2,981,400.
33. AWARD a 36-month, firm fixed price contract under Bid No. 13-0043 to Globe Electric Company, Inc., the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for Tire Kits for an amount not to exceed $1,296,210.
34. AWARD a 48-month firm fixed price unit rate contract under Bid No. 13-0009 with Swiger Coil Systems, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, for the overhaul of 155 Breda A650 heavy rail vehicle direct current traction motors for an amount not to exceed $1,036,590.
a. awarding a firm fixed price contract, No. OP39603035, to ARINC Inc. (ARINC) to replace the existing Metro Red Line Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition system in an amount not to exceed $6,178,383, inclusive of sales tax; and
b. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to purchase $15,000,000 supplemental project insurance for 10 years after contract award, in excess of ARINC limited liability, in an amount not to exceed $862,500, inclusive of premium and fees.
36. AWARD a five-year firm fixed unit rate contract, No. OP33673127R, to Woods Maintenance Services, Inc., the lowest responsive, responsible bidder, to provide landscape and irrigation maintenance services throughout Metro facilities (excluding Metro Orange Line) in an amount not to exceed $9,331,486, inclusive of two option years, effective December 16, 2013.
37. AWARD a firm fixed price and firm fixed labor rate contract for Consulting Services for the Heavy Rail Vehicle Acquisition under RFP No. OP30433100 with STV/Parsons Brinckerhoff, a Joint Venture, in an amount not to exceed $1,644,934, 28 months from Notice to Proceed.
38. AWARD AND EXECUTE a firm fixed price Contract No. PS68103079 for a period of eight years inclusive of two two-year options to Xerox State and Local Solutions to provide Red Light Photo Enforcement (RLPE) installation and maintenance services in support of Metro's RLPE Program for a firm fixed price of $22,532,786.
40. RECEIVE oral Citizens Advisory Committee update.
41. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION