Location & DateCANCELLED
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order____________________
John Fasana, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
31. Operations Employee of the Month.
32. RECEIVE the Transit Operations report.
33. RECEIVE report on System Safety.
34. RECEIVE report on Los Angeles Metro Protective Services (LAMPS).
35. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a five-year, firm fixed price Contract No. PS120641104 to Pestmaster Services, Inc., the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for pest and bird control services in an amount not-to-exceed $2,602,221, effective January 1, 2013.
36. AUTHORIZE the CEO to award a five-year firm fixed unit rate contract, OP33672967 to Woods Maintenance Services Inc., the lowest responsive, responsible bidder, in an amount not-to-exceed $810,000, effective January 1, 2013 for Metro Red/Purple Line tunnel cleaning services.
A. approving the increase in the Life-of-Project budget for the Metro Blue Line Pedestrian and Swing Gates Capital Project in the amount of $6,780,000, increasing the total project budget from $920,000 to $7,7,00,000; and
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to amend the FY2013 budget to reflect this adjustment.
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to award a firm fixed price contract to Wabtec Passenger Transit for friction brake overhaul of 52 P2000 Light Rail Vehicles for an amount not-to-exceed $1,664,000; and
B. finding that there is only a single source of procurement for the overhaul of the friction brake equipment on the P2000 LRV fleet (P2000 LRV). The purchase is for the sole purpose of overhauling existing friction brake equipment for continued safe operations. The Board hereby authorizes the purchase of overhaul services for the P2000 LRV friction brake equipment pursuant to Public Utilities Commission Code Section 130237.
(REQUIRES TWO-THIRDS VOTE OF THE BOARD)
39. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a 24-month, firm fixed price contract under Bid Number 13-0008 to The Jankovich Company, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for synthetic oil for an amount not-to-exceed $2,282,526, inclusive of sales tax consisting of a base year and a one-year option.
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to award a five-year firm fixed unit rate contract PS54302898 to Southern AM Engineering (SAE) to provide Fare Collection System (FCS) mid-life maintenance services in an amount not-to-exceed $1,521,464; and
B. finding that there is only a single source of procurement for these mid-life maintenance services, and the purchase of these services is for the sole purpose of maintaining existing equipment already in use. The Board hereby authorizes the purchase pursuant to Public Utilities Code section 130237.
41. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
A. execute Contract Modification No. 4 to Contract No. OP35902469 with Southland Transit, Inc., (STI) to provide fixed-route contract transportation services for an amount not-to-exceed $7,564,301 for operating and diesel fuel costs increasing the total contract value from $55,127,849 to $62,692,150; and
B. execute future contract modifications to Contract No. OP35902469 for an amount not-to-exceed $4,157,539 for unanticipated fuel or other costs.
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to award a firm fixed price contract to Ansaldo STS USA (formerly Union Switch & Signal (US&S)) ("Ansaldo") for the upgrade of the existing solid-state train control equipment for an amount not-to-exceed $7,867,854; and
B. finding that there is only a single source of procurement for the upgrade of the Metro Green Line (MGL) Train Control Equipment (MicroLok I) to Ansaldo's MicroLok II system. The existing MGL MicroLok I Train Control Equipment is proprietary. The purchase is for the sole purpose of replacing existing equipment already in use. The Board hereby authorizes the purchase of Ansaldo MicroLok II pursuant to Public Utilities Code section 130237.
(REQUIRES 2/3 VOTE OF THE BOARD)
A. approving a Life-Of-Project (LOP) Budget increase of $1,200,000 for project 205095 - Metro Red Line (MRL) Damper Replacement, increasing the LOP from $1,500,000 to $2,700,000; and
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to award a firm fixed price contract under Bid No. OP39602952 with Pacific Power Systems Integration, Inc., the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for 164 actuator drives in an amount not to exceed $2,149,183 inclusive of sales tax.
A. continuing the Red Light Photo Enforcement program under the current contracts which will expire June 30, 2013; and
B. commence procurement for a new contract to extend the program to future years with a bi-annual performance evaluation.
45. APPROVE Metrolink Plan and Timeline.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
(ALSO ON FINANCE, BUDGET AND AUDIT COMMITTEE)
47. RECEIVE oral Transit Capital Programs and P2550 update.
48. WITHDRAWN: RECEIVE oral activities update from Citizens' Advisory Council.
49. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
50. RECEIVE oral update on escalator accident at Hollywood/Highland Red Line Station.
(ALSO ON EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE)
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION