Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Michael Antonovich, Chair
Gloria Molina, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
29. Operations Employee of the Month.
30. RECEIVE report on System Safety, Operations and Los Angeles Metro Protective Services (LAMPS).
31. RECEIVE AND FILE report for LASD Emergency Response Time.
(CARRIED OVER FROM THE SEPTEMBER COMMITTEE CYCLE)
32. AUTHORIZE the CEO to execute Contract Modification No. 1 to Contract No. OP39602915 with Ansaldo STS USA for the upgrade of the existing solid-state, train control equipment to include the replacement of the communication system (Fiber-mux) in an amount not-to-exceed $1,424,775, increasing the total contract value from $7,103,248 to $8,528,023.
33. AWARD a six month, firm fixed price contract under Bid Number OP37903075 to JM Fiber Optics as the lowest responsive and responsible bidder for in-cab rail car cameras, and digital audio and video recorders to become compliant with PUC General Order 172 for an amount not-to-exceed $2,800,186 exclusive of sales tax.
34. APPROVE the Life-of-Project Budget for tenant improvements at the Operations Sublease in the One Santa Fe Development in the amount of $4,500,000.
35. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a 60-month firm fixed price unit rate contract under Bid No. 13-0030 with ORX, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, for the overhaul of 280 Nippon-Sharyo P865/P2020 light rail vehicle powered axle assemblies for an amount not-to-exceed $6,610,682.
36. AWARD and execute a firm fixed price Contract No. OP3594-3074 for a period of 18 months to TranSystems, Incorporated to perform the Bus Stop Usability Study for a firm, fixed price of $1,493,460.
37. APPROVE the reappointment of Westside/Central Service Council Member Perri Sloane-Goodman; revise term of membership for Metro Gateway Cities Service Council Members Gene Daniels and Ana Maria Quintana and San Gabriel Valley Service Council Member Harry Baldwin.
38. AUTHORIZE the CEO to execute a Memorandum of Understanding between Metro and the Los Angeles Community College District allowing staff to work cooperatively to develop and execute future agreements relating to the development of fiber optic cable infrastructure along Metro right-of-ways.
A. adopting the finding that the use of a design-build process pursuant to Public Utilities Code Section 130242(a) will achieve certain private sector efficiencies in the integration of the design, project work and installation of the repair/replacement of the Gateway Plaza drainage and paver systems towers;
B. adopting the finding that the use of the design-build process pursuant to Public Contract Code 20209.5 et seq. will accomplish a reduction in project costs and expedite project completion; and
C. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute the competitively bid design-build contract to the proposer who will provide the best value to Metro for an amount not-to-exceed the previously Board approved Life-of-Project budget of $9,093,000.
(REQUIRES 2/3 VOTE OF THE BOARD)
40. AWARD a five-year firm fixed unit rate contract, OP33673132, to Xlnt Tint of Anaheim, Inc., the lowest responsive, responsible bidder, to provide glass anti-graffiti film maintenance and replacement services along with etched glass repair services for all Metro facilities in an amount not-to-exceed $6,522,209, inclusive of two option years, effective November 1, 2013.
41. RECEIVE AND FILE an update to the approved implementation plan to improve the coordination of transit agencies' schedule development and transfers.
(CARRIED OVER FROM SEPTEMBER COMMITTEE CYCLE)
42. RECEIVE AND FILE report in response to the July 25, 2013 Amendment to Item 35: Gate Latching Schedule Provided to the Public.
(CARRIED OVER FROM SEPTEMBER COMMITTEE CYCLE)
RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION