Location & DateCANCELLED
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Michael Antonovich, Chair
Gloria Molina, Vice Chair
Carrie Bowen, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
22. Operations Employee of the Month.
23. RECEIVE report on System Safety, Operations and Los Angeles Metro Protective Services (LAMPS).
RECEIVE report on ACCESS Services.
25. AWARD a firm fixed price contract to Enterprise Electronic, Inc. as a sole source provider to procure eight duplex 160 MHz radio frequencies for an amount not to exceed $2,738,668, inclusive of sales tax. This amount also covers five years of as-needed labor support and five years of as-needed equipment support.
A. increasing the Life-of-Project (LOP) Budget for the Metro Blue Line Turnout Rehabilitation project, CP 205101, by $650,000 increasing the LOP budget from $2,350,000 to $3,000,000; and
B. awarding a firm fixed price contract under Bid No. 13-0045 with Cleveland Track Material, Inc., the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, for the procurement of 13 right and 13 left hand rail turnout sets for an amount not to exceed $1,739,339.
AWARD a five-year contract to Kramar's Iron and Metal, Inc., the highest, responsive and responsible bidder, for the sale of scrap metal for total estimated revenue of $2,207,560, inclusive of two one-year options.
A. awarding a firm fixed price contract under Bid No. 13-0029 to Cummins Cal Pacific, LLC, the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, for the procurement of up to 100 natural gas fueled engines for an amount not to exceed $5,328,138 inclusive of sales tax; and
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to exercise option with Cummins Cal Pacific, LLC for 95 additional natural gas fueled engines, if required, for an amount not to exceed $5,290,473 inclusive of sales tax.
29. AWARD a five-year firm fixed unit rate contract under Bid No. OP31203099 with Hazardous Technologies, Inc., the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, for liquid waste removal services in an amount not to exceed $4,052,200.00 inclusive of two one-year options.
A. approving the recommended revised Stop Spacing Standards; and
B. receiving and filing the Triennial System Monitoring Report required by Title VI.
31. RECEIVE AND FILE an update to the approved implementation plan to improve the coordination of transit agencies' schedule development and transfers.
32. RECEIVE AND FILE report for LASD Emergency Response Time.
(CARRIED OVER FROM JULY SYSTEM SAFETY AND OPERATIONS COMMITTEE)
33. RECEIVE oral Citizens Advisory Committee update.
34. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
53. RECEIVE AND FILE report in response to the July 25, 2013 Amendment to Item 35: Gate Latching Schedule Provided to the Public.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION